Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaking While Braking.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:22 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

You cant really say its a problem with sports cars, but most of the time people buy them as just that. A sports car.. Do you think people buy shelbys to go the speed limit? Hell no lol. Like I said earlier I had one of those panic stops and apparently mine are slightly warped. For all you know the previous owner may have had a few of those, or was just really hard on the break. A friend of mine needed all new brakes on his ford escape at 15k miles lol
Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I think I have the same problem, but definitely not as bad. I did have a "panic stop" from a fast speed though so thats probably why. If its covered under warranty than I need to bring mine in. I only have 15k miles so for my rotors to be warped there has to be something wrong. I've had the car since new and only had that one "panic stop". Let me know how everything goes, also which dealer are you using in NJ? I bought my car from All American but their service department is beyond HORRIBLE
Hey grabber blue gt,

The reason I state it may be under warranty is we are all guessing it's the rotor, but an inspection is the only way to determine part coverage. You should bring yours to the dealer also. I'm sorry to learn of your negative experience; if you want to PM me the details, I can ensure it is documented.

Originally Posted by pdonket
Side note, what would be awesome would be a review system based on service experiences with dealerships. Right now Ford is great about asking customer opinions on the sales experience, but I think what would be more important is the after purchase service reputation. You could easily incentivize good behavior of service departments. Better yet, also make the info public so that Ford Customers will go to dealerships that actually treat the customers right.
Hi pdonket,

Terrific suggestion! If you have any particular instances you wish to discuss, I'm here to listen.

Originally Posted by Gan6660
Shouldn't the dealer's warranty cover this even if it could be consider a "wearable" part?
Hey Gan6660,

It is difficult to determine if the repair will be covered, as that is a dealer decision, but the response you received is beneficial! Please don't let this deter you from loving your Mustang.

~Natasha
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Gan6660
1st Gear Member

Ok I spoke to the service dept. and it was the rotor. They ground all four down and now there nice and smooth. Tomorrow they said they will look into why its pulling to the left and I should get it back in the afternoon. They said it is covered under warranty and there will be no charge. By the way its Family Ford in Netcong.