Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharge a V6

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 AM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Default Supercharge a V6

ok, si id like to supercharge my v6 2005 Vert...

first of all its an automatic...

do you guys think its worth it? i love my car and i really want it to go faster...im only 20 and im not going to get a gt any time soon, cause its pricey to have and maintain insurance wise...

secondly, do they even make a v6 supercharger? ive heard of a turbocharger but im not into the turbo charger...

would it be worth getting a 2005 Vert Automatic Stang Supercharged?

Also its my daily driver, if that changes anything?
Old 10-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Before you get burned by senior by senior members check out the V6 section and the search button there is a lot of useful information on this topic on this forum.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:11 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

If you plan on supercharging you'll have to get a new rear axle. that alone will run you around 1000.

Honestly, insurance on a GT is only about 20-40 bucks more a month than on a v6. (Through Farm Bureau at least)
Old 10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Yes, there are many V6 superchargers to choose from, and if you have the money, yes, they are worth it. As for being a daily driver, your gas gauge will drop twice as fast, you will receive twice as many tickets, and you will have 10x the fun in your car.

Honestly though you should probably just find a nice used GT. If you have 7K to drop on a supercharger (at least!) you can afford a nice used GT as a trade in on your car, and then still have a few dollars left over for mods. The thing about supercharging a V6 is it will only ever be a bit faster then a stock GT. However, if you buy a GT and throw some bolt on mods, you will be faster then most, if not all, supercharged V6s.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:23 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Yes, there are many V6 superchargers to choose from, and if you have the money, yes, they are worth it. As for being a daily driver, your gas gauge will drop twice as fast, you will receive twice as many tickets, and you will have 10x the fun in your car.

Honestly though you should probably just find a nice used GT. If you have 7K to drop on a supercharger (at least!) you can afford a nice used GT as a trade in on your car, and then still have a few dollars left over for mods. The thing about supercharging a V6 is it will only ever be a bit faster then a stock GT. However, if you buy a GT and throw some bolt on mods, you will be faster then most, if not all, supercharged V6s.
Where are you getting this information from? Stock GTs make 260-270rwhp, many supercharged V6's make over 350rwhp including mine. And trust me a stock GT isn't even relevant. Also 3V's only get in the 350rwhp range really with full bolt-ons and cams.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^agreed...
Old 10-01-2011, 09:32 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

But a supercharged v8 is much faster than a supercharged v6. ^-^

To be honest, you can get a low mileage GT for around 14k if you do your shopping, and are smart about it.
Then throw on a supercharger and you'll be much faster than the supercharged v6's =p
Old 10-01-2011, 09:36 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput
But a supercharged v8 is much faster than a supercharged v6. ^-^

To be honest, you can get a low mileage GT for around 14k if you do your shopping, and are smart about it.
Then throw on a supercharger and you'll be much faster than the supercharged v6's =p
There is a lot more to it then throwing a supercharger on it... The previous owner of the kit I have now has a video beating a S197 Supercharged Roush....
Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Where are you getting this information from? Stock GTs make 260-270rwhp, many supercharged V6's make over 350rwhp including mine. And trust me a stock GT isn't even relevant. Also 3V's only get in the 350rwhp range really with full bolt-ons and cams.
Very few supercharged V6s make nearly 350whp. I see many more in the 300 range, which is easily achievable with a GT.

Trust me, I think supercharging a V6 is great, and it's nice to see a healthy amount of V6s that can kick a V8's ***, but lets be honest here. If you are going for pure speed, and you can afford it, a V8 is just the better way to go. I'm not trying to knock you or any other supercharged V6s at all, and infact, I plan on supercharging my own car when I can afford it, but the potential a V8 offers is much less limited then that of a 6.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:51 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Very few supercharged V6s make nearly 350whp. I see many more in the 300 range, which is easily achievable with a GT.

Trust me, I think supercharging a V6 is great, and it's nice to see a healthy amount of V6s that can kick a V8's ***, but lets be honest here. If you are going for pure speed, and you can afford it, a V8 is just the better way to go. I'm not trying to knock you or any other supercharged V6s at all, and infact, I plan on supercharging my own car when I can afford it, but the potential a V8 offers is much less limited then that of a 6.
All jokes aside most of the ones you see in the 300rwhp range are non-intercooled X-chargers which is the most common.... And which is exactly my argument over buying an X charger.

Quick Reply: Supercharge a V6