Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy this Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:30 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

All in all I wouldn't recommend buying it..it seems very sketchy, and just not feasible..

As for insurance..
I have full coverage on mine, (I'm on my own policy), 18 years old, 102mph speeding ticket on my record..
I pay about 200 a month full coverage.

On your parents that will be 40-50 bucks cheaper.
(Also that is with $1000 deductible..,I need to get a 500 instead..)
500 deductible adds about 30 a month..

This is based from Farm bureau insurance.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:57 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

hey iron i take offense to that!
have you ever seen baby poop? its not nearly as bright of a green! and to the average joe, they cant tell a difference between a gt and a sixxer. so sorry man, that argument is null.
check it out, if youre not comfortable with it then walk away. mustangs truly are a dime a dozen. Good deals will still be around. Take your time with looking and buy the one you really want. I saw my car and knew it was the one.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:53 PM
lovoh

thanks for the answers everyone and especially to you legend Im gona follow your advice and keep looking, really want a mustang hahaha loved this car since I was a kid but I might have to get something cheap.

If anyone else has any advice like where to get a good deal or which models are the best let me know.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:04 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

That price is within reason. It's not a premium coupe. I think it's the deluxe. But either way even the mileage is good. Like others said though, check it out well first.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Hey there,

As for your listed mustang, I agree with your decision to not get it. It seemed sketchy.

Just be aware of any used car. Take it for a test drive, and do it at night if you can. This will help bring down your excitement as there will be less heads to turn while you driving. Also, keep the radio off and listen to how it shifts and picks up speed. Put it park, open the hood and listen to it. Turn it off and check for leaks of fluids, usually you will see stuff inside the engine bay coated with dry residue. Check for signs of hard driving....a V6 can still go fast and do burn outs.

I would suggest doing research on the mustang. Read about typical things that go wrong or have problems. For example, these earlier mustangs have issues with aluminum corrosion. So you want to look for that, especially on the underside of the hood. This is not fixable and you will need to replace the hood so be aware.

As for driving in the winter you may have some fish-tailing, but as long as you start slow you should be fine. I have driven my mustang V6 in the winter for two years now and I rarely slide or fishtail unless I want to. lol.

Places to find mustangs are everywhere. Depending on what you are comfortable with using....Ebay, craigslist, autotrader.com, vehix.com, cars.com, mustang forums (such as this one), dealerships online sits, car lots (obviously), etc. (be aware of phone conversation only, before I bought the car I have now, I made a downpayment on another mustang only to find out the salesman was lying to me about it being in accident. --->double check what anybody tells you)

If you want to discuss more, send me a PM. I did quite a bit of reading before purchasing my first car.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:24 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Carfax only shows REPORTED problems. Some people don't go to reputable shops because it's cheaper so I don't trust that price or carfax. There's something going on there!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:55 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
hey iron i take offense to that!
have you ever seen baby poop? its not nearly as bright of a green! and to the average joe, they cant tell a difference between a gt and a sixxer. so sorry man, that argument is null.
check it out, if youre not comfortable with it then walk away. mustangs truly are a dime a dozen. Good deals will still be around. Take your time with looking and buy the one you really want. I saw my car and knew it was the one.
ok then "just having ate captain crunch berries **** green"
Old 10-13-2011, 06:26 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

lol ill take that one, but i must say that i enjoy the peanut butter crunch much more.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
lol ill take that one, but i must say that i enjoy the peanut butter crunch much more.
theres a captain crunch peanut butter edition ?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:41 AM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

hell yea there is! and it mighty tasty.

Quick Reply: Should I buy this Mustang?