Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011/2012 issues holding anyone back??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

SSIMANIAC its posts like yours that make me not want to make the move.... And I dont mean that in a bad way at all. The problems with the 5.0's should be publicized and let potential owners know the risks involved.

Maraman - I do not plan on heavily modding this car at all. I heavily modded my 2010 and soon found out its not practical for a DD as my father told me from the beginning. Only plans I have for the new 5.0 would be an intake, tune, and borla catback. I first plan on driving the car a few thousand miles though just to make sure there are no issues before I start modding (except exhaust which will be on within a week).
Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
2012's have the same issues. Nothing was corrected. And whats the warranty for if they can't fix it? Beats the purpose of it.
It does seem strange that more 11's than 12's are having issues when they both have the same transmissions, however it depends on the problems someone is having and whether or not ford can fix it.

to assume that the problems all MT-82 owners are having is unfixable is laughable at best..

I have a local friend with an '11, he had tranny problems, ford replaced the transmission 6 months ago and he hasn't had a problem since.

This entire issue is being blown way out of proportion.

OP get the new car, you wont regret it.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
SSIMANIAC its posts like yours that make me not want to make the move.... And I dont mean that in a bad way at all. The problems with the 5.0's should be publicized and let potential owners know the risks involved.

No problem. I experienced this first hand so I'm trying to spread awareness to everyone. I'm not the only one with these issues. If you visit allfordmustangs, there are MULTIPLE member with the same types of issues (none that were resolved). The NHTSA investigation is underway so hopefully, just hopefully, that might shine some light onto this. If you do decide to buy, I wouldn't put a CAI tune etc. since they will use it as an excuse to void your warranty if you have any transmission issues. Hell, some members posted their warranty voided since the rear tires were more worn out than the front. Ford has lost my respect, but I love my car. I drive it but its very annoying. I sit and wait in hope that one day my car will shift like it should. Good luck to you.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maraman
It does seem strange that more 11's than 12's are having issues when they both have the same transmissions, however it depends on the problems someone is having and whether or not ford can fix it.

to assume that the problems all MT-82 owners are having is unfixable is laughable at best..

I have a local friend with an '11, he had tranny problems, ford replaced the transmission 6 months ago and he hasn't had a problem since.

This entire issue is being blown way out of proportion.

OP get the new car, you wont regret it.

I call bs on that one. Give it some time. We have people that are on their 4th transmission with same issues. Some were fine for 4-6 months, only to have the same conditions return later, some even after 10k miles. Please do more research on this and report back. Use a good source such as NHTSA and allfordmustangs with multiple polls (50% of individuals with mustangs that voted, voted for a crappy MT82 symptom). I'm not saying that data represents the whole mustang population but it gives you some idea. Ford doesn't have a fix for this. End of story.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

I call bs on that one. Give it some time. We have people that are on their 4th transmission with same issues. Some were fine for 4-6 months, only to have the same conditions return later, some even after 10k miles. Please do more research on this and report back. Use a good source such as NHTSA and allfordmustangs with multiple polls (50% of individuals with mustangs that voted, voted for a crappy MT82 symptom). I'm not saying that data represents the whole mustang population but it gives you some idea. Ford doesn't have a fix for this. End of story.
You can call BS on anything that you like, but to assume that just because alot of forum members are having transmission issues isn't a good reason at all.

I have around 10 5.0 friends locally, i'd say 7 of them are manuals, of that 7, 1 of them has had serious transmission problems. 3 of these cars are HEAVILY modded. I'm just stating real life facts to help the OP base his decision off of.

I'm sorry to hear that you are one of the unfortunate ones that has had one of the BIG BAD UNKNOWN UNFIXABLE ISSUES /sarcasm

different cars are haivng different issues that are require different fixes. There is a fix, for each issue, whether or not the stealership has techs that can diagnose it differs, some will hook it up to a computer and call it a day, others will rip the car apart until they figure it out.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maraman
You can call BS on anything that you like, but to assume that just because alot of forum members are having transmission issues isn't a good reason at all.

I have around 10 5.0 friends locally, i'd say 7 of them are manuals, of that 7, 1 of them has had serious transmission problems. 3 of these cars are HEAVILY modded. I'm just stating real life facts to help the OP base his decision off of.

I'm sorry to hear that you are one of the unfortunate ones that has had one of the BIG BAD UNKNOWN UNFIXABLE ISSUES /sarcasm

different cars are haivng different issues that are require different fixes. There is a fix, for each issue, whether or not the stealership has techs that can diagnose it differs, some will hook it up to a computer and call it a day, others will rip the car apart until they figure it out.
That's your assumption that a stealership can fix. Keep assuming. And that alone tells you how sporadic the issues is when 1 out of 7 of your "close" friends has an issue, in such a small *** radius. Imagine out of 60k mustangs. And I don't base my "***"umptions based on forums, but real information straight from dealerships. Believe what you want and continue to troll but the OP should be aware of what he's about to do. He can get a great MT82 but he can dive into a BAD UNKNOWN UNFIXABLE ISSUES
Old 10-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

That's your assumption that a stealership can fix. Keep assuming. And that alone tells you how sporadic the issues is when 1 out of 7 of your "close" friends has an issue, in such a small *** radius. Imagine out of 60k mustangs. And I don't base my "***"umptions based on forums, but real information straight from dealerships. Believe what you want and continue to troll but the OP should be aware of what he's about to do. He can get a great MT82 but he can dive into a BAD UNKNOWN UNFIXABLE ISSUES
hahahahaha

brool cory stro
Old 10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Wait for 2013's and the new designed, actually attractive rear-ends.

That or get a low mileage used GT500.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:54 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput
Wait for 2013's and the new designed, actually attractive rear-ends.

That or get a low mileage used GT500.
I still don't get what is bad about the ends of the 2010-12s. I personally like it better than the 05-09 version. With both versions in the family I like both but would prefer the 10-12 any day.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:06 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I think I will just pull the trigger once I find the right car whether it be an auto or a manual. Like you guys said thats what a warrantys for. My local dealer actually has an excellent service department, despite them effing up my rear, but atleast they got it fixed 100000% before I left their lot. Even if its in for the same problem more than twice doesnt it qualify for the lemon law??

And personally I was thinking about the 2013 but they said it wont hit dealers until september 2012 which is almost another year away. and honestly I like the look of the 2010-2012. Its my favorite year so far.

Quick Reply: 2011/2012 issues holding anyone back??