Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Annual MFs East Coast Meet-Up/Cruise/Photo Shoot/ Weekend (pascal approved)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 PM
2008Vert
2nd Gear Member

I already had the days planned off too. My neighbor has an 010 Gray V6 and he was hoping to go along too.

I tried to get him to come along to the Dragon in April but he couldn't get out of work.

I hope it doesn't fall through either and I'm like you Alan, I see a lot of proposed stuff but no concrete plans.

Thanks for all the help MineralGray but if the OP can't get something together then I guess we might just make our own little cruise.

No offense to the OP meant in all of this. I understand that planning stuff like this is very difficult and takes a WHOLE lot of time...right Alan?LOL

P.S. Alan, you did a great job with the last event and we hope we can get back together soon.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
I know I wish the OP would give an update. I already ask for the days off and the wife and I are going regardless on whether anyone else does or not. Im really hoping this doesnt fall apart last minute even if only a dozen people show up it will still be a good time.
It does sound like it could be a great time. I hope you guys can get it worked out and have a good event. I am going to join a charity Mustang show in Greensboro, NC instead.

Originally Posted by 2008Vert
I already had the days planned off too. My neighbor has an 010 Gray V6 and he was hoping to go along too.

I tried to get him to come along to the Dragon in April but he couldn't get out of work.

I hope it doesn't fall through either and I'm like you Alan, I see a lot of proposed stuff but no concrete plans.

Thanks for all the help MineralGray but if the OP can't get something together then I guess we might just make our own little cruise.

No offense to the OP meant in all of this. I understand that planning stuff like this is very difficult and takes a WHOLE lot of time...right Alan?LOL

P.S. Alan, you did a great job with the last event and we hope we can get back together soon.
It does take a tremendous effort to put something like this together. It is good to have a good team working together like we did on the Dragon trip. One person struggles to get it done all by himself. It is also tough when you are located in the area where you are holding the event.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:31 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Ok a lot a guys showed interest in this a few months back when it was just an abstract idea. now that its just a couple weeks away is there anyone who still interested in going or should we all just consider it cancelled?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:10 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

I can't go. I don't have the money for it. I say it just get canceled anyway as it seems nobody is paying attention to the posts anyway.. Alec I don't believe has even been on and nobody seems to be showing real interest any more other than a few. The few that are still wanting to cruise the road and make other plans would probably still have a good time though if they can get together.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I was down as a maybe, but I'm in the midst of a cross country move, so stuff like cruises is off the table for me for the next couple months.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
now that its just a couple weeks away is there anyone who still interested in going or should we all just consider it cancelled?
I'm still game, same as I was before. Won't stay for 3 days, but a full day/night of getting to know a few of the people here, their cars, and doing something I'm all for.

Hopefully, some kind of final go/no go will be posted.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:40 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

I sent the OP a PM a week ago and still no response so Im going to grab the reins and take over because I already took the days off from work and I really want to do the cruise on the senic highway. My wife and I are going regardless if anyone else comes or not so its an open invitation to anyone who wants to come. We will be staying at the Quality Inn in Roanoke it comes with a hot breakfast there is a nice outdoor pool and a bar cool right? Its also walking distance from local restraunts, bars and shopping malls subsequently where the cruise in will take place.
http://www.expedia.com/Roanoke-Hotel...e.Map#overview

Tenative Itenerary:

Friday June, 15 (Lazy Day)
Arival check in
meet n greet
The day will be spent getting to know one another
check out each others rides mini carshow in the parking lot a day for detailing your cars and hanging around the hotel and taking advantage of its amenities swimming pool ect.
Night on the town Dinner and Drinks (for those of legal drinking age) when and where to be decided that day.

Saturday June 16,
breakfast
free time for exploring the town shopping, lunch, more swimming,
more detailing whatever floats your boat.
3pm cruise of the Blueridge senic Hgw.
6 PM cuise in at mall http://www.grandhomefurnishings.com/CruiseIn2012.php
Dinner and drinks

Sunday June 17,
Breakfast
Check out
lunch
4:00 Baseball game for those interested. https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/B...?EventID=73148
departure

I realize this is kind of rough but I suck at planning **** but if someone didnt do something It just wasnt going to happen hope to see as many members show up as possible but if only a few show up that cool see ya soon.

Last edited by 05MineralGrayV6; 06-04-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 PM
kmitch

Thumbs up

Just ran across this thread, I'm a member of the Roanoke Valley Mustang Club, and the webmaster of our site: http://roanokevalleymustangclub.com

I'm not sure who in the club was contacted, but this is the first I've heard of it. We have our regular monthly meeting is Monday, 6/18 which will be a little late. I know we have a contingent heading to the Gate City Triad show in North Carolina... but there are those of us in the club that won't be making the trip.

For us being the "host city", I wish I had seen this thread earlier and maybe gotten the word out. I hope to see you at the Cruise In on Saturday!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by kmitch
Just ran across this thread, I'm a member of the Roanoke Valley Mustang Club, and the webmaster of our site: http://roanokevalleymustangclub.com

I'm not sure who in the club was contacted, but this is the first I've heard of it. We have our regular monthly meeting is Monday, 6/18 which will be a little late. I know we have a contingent heading to the Gate City Triad show in North Carolina... but there are those of us in the club that won't be making the trip.

For us being the "host city", I wish I had seen this thread earlier and maybe gotten the word out. I hope to see you at the Cruise In on Saturday!
We have about 10 NC members going to the GateCity show.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/caro...ub-show-4.html

It would be cool to link up with you guys there. We're heading to Smokey Bones for dinner/lunch afterwards.