Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Katzkin...Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Default Problem with Katzkin...Help

Hey everyone,

Well I went ahead and ordered the tuscany leather from Katzkin for both the front seats, rear and the side panels in the doors.

I got the red and black tuscany, with the center option, red stitching.

I just got a call from my interior guy that was installing it, he wanted me to come look at it ASAP. He said it was not good.

I got there and it looks like CRAP! The stitching does not line up on either front seats, it's buckling all over the place, I mean I know it needs to sit in the sun a little bit, but my interior guy said even sitting in the sun would not take out these buckles. He said usually he's had a great experience with Katzkin and their product is good. He's never done a mustang before, but he said it looks like their pattern is off. He is very well respected and I am just disappointed.

He called Katzkin and spoke with 2 different people and they are not being helpful at all and just dismissing him, saying he doesn't know how to install it. Despite the fact that this guy does show quality work!

Has anyone had an experience like this with Katzkin? Everything I've read on here says they are great and their leather is great.....

What gives? The interior guy said he can put a stop payment since he paid with a credit card...but this seems like an ordeal. You think Katzkin would stand behind their product. This interior guy says he guarantees all his work, but he can't guarantee this because he's afraid it won't wear right and become worse.

HELP please, I thought I was getting a top notch, high quality product and based on what I see when I looked at my car, it does NOT look right!

What should I do? Katzkin is not helping at all? I'm worried my car is going to look like crap, and nervous they wont make it right.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Nick
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 PM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Dude that sucks. I would call, ask for a manager and talk to them. If that doesn't work tell them your going to the better business burrow, if that does work get a refund. They refuse a refund threaten lawsuit. Above all be nice when you do this, bien an *** doesn't help one bit
Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Record the call too
Old 10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Katzkin needs to replace it. Obviously they made a mistake and they need to fix the issue so give them a call yourself.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:43 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

I think it would also help to take a picture of the fitment problem and email it to them so they know what you are talking about...
Old 10-26-2011, 06:41 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys,

Yeah my interior guy already sent pictures to the company and nothing....All they tell him is he doesn't know what he's doing. The fact is he's done this for 30 years and comes highly recommend. I'm just disappointed having heard some many great things about their product on here and then when I get the chance to buy their product it turns out like this.

Any other thoughts? Has anyone else had problems like this?

Thanks,

Nick
Old 10-26-2011, 06:54 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

From what I've heard recently is the quality of Katzkin has gone way down. I have a few friends with it and you can clearly see the middle section of the seat (if two toned) is not aligned with what it should be.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

Time to take it up w/ the credit card company for a refund...
Old 10-28-2011, 09:27 AM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

hey, can you post a pic so we know how bad the fit is?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:45 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

"No matter which style you choose, you can be sure of one thing:
our quality and craftsmanship is the best in the business.
It’s in our genes, our culture. And it’s evident every day on the
factory floor where our dedicated teams take great pride in
every stitch, every detail."

Straight from the KATZKIN website...

I dont see much about customer satisfaction or their return policies...

Quick Reply: Problem with Katzkin...Help