Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Katzkin...Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 AM
lesliere

Default Katzkin

I called 5 different installation facilities who've installed what I believe to be the same pattern as your Mustang in the past month. All of them said the fit was perfect and they had no issues. Occassionally we'll find an issue with a pattern and we'll document it in our system and schedule the vehicle to come back for re-fitment and adjustment. Our QC policies are the best available and we couldn't possibly be as successful as we are if we sold product that wasn't perfect. 3/4 of our interiors are sold with new vehicles, those buyers wouldn't accept anything less than new vehicle quality. It also means that we perfect our patterns early on in the product life cycle because we sell so many interiors for new vehicles. So, I'm at a loss for the issue and I was merely offering to get involved because this thread is inaccurate and I wanted you to be happy with the Katzkin product like hundreds of thousands of people are every year.

If your problem isn't resolved, please feel free to contact me as I offered before.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:15 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

I've been extremely busy with work and apologize for not following the thread more closely.

While I respect a Katzkin representative coming on here and trying to help, I am not going to get into a argument over the internet.

What I've posted is the truth. Someone from Katzkin did say directly they know of these fitment issues. They also have someone specifically for dealing with these fit issues. If this wasn't a problem, why would the company have a dedicated employee for this?

Why would I get on here and bash a company, when all I want is top quality products for my car. You can search my old threads; I've been a member here for a long time, posted numerous pictures of my car. Why after spending thousands in upgrades on my car, would I settle for anything not top notch?

I don't think I deserve to be called a liar, do I? I have contributed to this forum in a positive way for years in my opinion and do not feel it's right for someone to call me a liar. When all I've done all along was ask if anyone else had this problem and document my journey through this.

It doesn't matter at this point, I along with my interior guy got the run around from Katzkin. It took over 5 phone calls for us to finally get to someone at Katzkin finally willing to help and not just saying my interior guy with 30 years of experience did not know how to install the leather. Even when we got to someone willing to help, all they said was to email pictures to this employee and he would look at them, since "we have an employee that deals directly with fitment issues."

Ron, while I do appreciate you coming on here offering me help. It's a little too late. I wish this could have happened in the first place. Since, for years I dreamed about having a Katzkin interior ever since Mellow posted pictures of his interior a long time ago.

We've returned the Katzkin interior and have been in touch with a representative from RoadWire. Hopefully, I will have a Roadwire interior installed in the next few weeks.

I will post back after I'm done giving a review of their product in comparison to Katzkin. Pictures will of course be posted. I will also see if I can get the pictures my interior guy took of the Katzkin product so everyone else can see what I'm talking about.

Again sorry for not being able to respond. I will try to follow the thread more closely.

Thanks,

Nick

Last edited by nbd13; 11-10-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by nbd13

I don't think I deserve to be called a liar, do I? I have contributed to this forum in a positive way for years in my opinion and do not feel it's right for someone to call me a liar. When all I've done all along was ask if anyone else had this problem and document my journey through this.
Hopefully that was not directed at me.
I did NOT call you a liar.
I said one of the two parties were not telling the truth.

How would I have any idea WHICH person was not telling the truth?
If you read my post I was actually questioning Katzkin for possibly insinuating that you were not telling the truth by
saying it was an isolated incident when you said they themselves said to you it was a known issue.
I'm not accusing Katzkin of not telling the truth either.

Again I'm not saying which party is telling the truth.
But one has to not be.
You can't have a known issues and an isolated issue at the same with one issue.... lol.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 11-10-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Hopefully that was not directed at me.
I did NOT call you a liar.
I said one of the two parties were not telling the truth.

How would I have any idea WHICH person was not telling the truth?
If you read my post I was actually questioning Katzkin for possibly insinuating that you were not telling the truth by
saying it was an isolated incident when you said they themselves said to you it was a known issue.
I'm not accusing Katzkin of not telling the truth either.

Again I'm not saying which party is telling the truth.
But one has to not be.
You can't have a known issues and an isolated issue at the same with one issue.... lol.
Oh no, by no means was that directed at you! I'm sorry if you took it that way. I in no way thought you were calling me a liar.

Sorry again if you thought that was directed at you, it was not.

I should clarify this....When I started this thread and even now I am not looking to stain or harm Katzkin's reputation in anyway.

I was simply looking for help and to see if anyone else had experienced this and could offer help/support in what they did to fix it. I then was merely documenting what I experienced. Still not looking to lash out at Katzkin.

You have to understand though, after reading all the great things about Katzkin, then finally have the opportunity to get a new interior, I was heartbroken to have my car turn out like this.

Like most of us on here I'm not ashamed to say that I love my car and to see the old seats ripped off, then have these new ones put on that I've been dreaming about....the perfect way to finish off my car (If any of us are truly done tweaking our cars); then to have the disappointment of how they turned out. You have to realize I was freaking out, I mean this is my car, that I've worked so hard on.

I just wanted to clarify this. I was not looking to put Katzkin down at the start of this thread or now. Just simply ask for help/advice from this great community of mustang enthusiast about what I should do and document the journey.

I hope this helps clarify anything. Again, sorry Blacksmoke for the confusion.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 11-11-2011, 10:45 AM
lesliere

Default Katzkin

I'm not trying to be rude or anything of that nature. I don't doubt that there were issues that were handled poorly, I just wanted to dig into the issue and find out where the problems were so that I could ensure that all of our customer touch-points were meeting the highest standards. Guess I was too late on this one, I hope your problems are resolved to your satisfaction.

Best wishes.
Ron
Old 11-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by nbd13
Oh no, by no means was that directed at you! I'm sorry if you took it that way. I in no way thought you were calling me a liar.

Sorry again if you thought that was directed at you, it was not.

I should clarify this....When I started this thread and even now I am not looking to stain or harm Katzkin's reputation in anyway.

I was simply looking for help and to see if anyone else had experienced this and could offer help/support in what they did to fix it. I then was merely documenting what I experienced. Still not looking to lash out at Katzkin.

You have to understand though, after reading all the great things about Katzkin, then finally have the opportunity to get a new interior, I was heartbroken to have my car turn out like this.

Like most of us on here I'm not ashamed to say that I love my car and to see the old seats ripped off, then have these new ones put on that I've been dreaming about....the perfect way to finish off my car (If any of us are truly done tweaking our cars); then to have the disappointment of how they turned out. You have to realize I was freaking out, I mean this is my car, that I've worked so hard on.

I just wanted to clarify this. I was not looking to put Katzkin down at the start of this thread or now. Just simply ask for help/advice from this great community of mustang enthusiast about what I should do and document the journey.

I hope this helps clarify anything. Again, sorry Blacksmoke for the confusion.

Thanks,

Nick

No need to say you're sorry. I was just making sure you did not think I was trying to insult you.
Man I hope you get this issue resolved!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
TheGreenMachine

I'm bumping this thread to let everyone know that I've also had problems with Katzkin customer service. I was picking out a new leather interior set for my Ram 2500 Diesel, when I called Katzkin customer service for more information and color swatches they told me that they couldn't help me unless I became a registered dealer. No way am I going to go through all that just to find out details about their product, so instead I went through a Katzkin dealer to ask my questions and get color swatches. I picked out the color that matched the interior near perfectly. When the leather arrived it was no where near the color of the interior of my truck, but the swatch matched near perfectly. I e-mailed Katzkin customer service and received no response to date. When I found this thread I e-mailed Ron Leslie, National Sales Manager Katzkin Leather, ronl@katzkin.com. Again I have received no response as of yet. I had to cancel my instillation appointment because I refuse to install it in my truck, instead I will be sending it back and will look elsewhere for quality leather and more importantly quality customer service. I can't comment on the quality of the fit or material because I haven't installed it but their customer service is terrible. I guess that's what you get when a company makes cut backs and sends some of their manufacturing overseas.