Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 month transformation... Pic Heavy

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput
How did you tint the turn signals? DIY or buy em? If so, link?
Didn't tint them. bought them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300596589193...WNX:IT&vxp=mtr
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by adidasUNT8
Yeah I hear ya... this isn't a permanent deal. Just wanted to get a good look at things with the black wheels. I'll have them powdercoated soon enough. I guess that'll be part of stage 2...

How did you tint the turn signals? DIY or buy em? If so, link?

Didn't tint them. bought them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300596589193...WNX:IT&vxp=mtr

Are you sticking with the stock wheels when you get them powder coated? If you don't mind me asking how much did you pick her up for and how many miles? Been thinking of selling mine and upgrading too.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by simplexdesign
Are you sticking with the stock wheels when you get them powder coated? If you don't mind me asking how much did you pick her up for and how many miles? Been thinking of selling mine and upgrading too.
Yeah I'll probably stick with the stockers... I used to have 20"s on the old GT and I liked the look, but I'm looking leaning more for performance this time, and I aslo really like the look that I have now.

Not a problem at all. It is an 09 w/12k miles. Listed for $39.9k got it for $34k Not too shabby...
Old 10-26-2011, 10:29 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Yeah I'll probably stick with the stockers... I used to have 20"s on the old GT and I liked the look, but I'm looking leaning more for performance this time, and I aslo really like the look that I have now.

Not a problem at all. It is an 09 w/12k miles. Listed for $39.9k got it for $34k Not too shabby...

Not bad at all. Congrats on the purchase I am sure you are loving it.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Does anyone have experience with the Aeroforce Interceptor guages?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Nicely modded, Looks great!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Wow, looks great!

The black wheels and tinted lights really make the car look aggressive!
Plast-dipping your wheels is an inexpensive way to find out if you like black wheels on your GT500. Smart decision.
I like the card trick too, GENIUS!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-27-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:47 PM
BoomTown96
2nd Gear Member

Haha that's hilarious! It's actually a new type of tint.... U can barely tell a difference really.. Its supposed to block like 95% of UV rays and an 30% heat. It's not cheap stuff at about $175 for the windshield. The rest of the car was $150, go figure. It's cut around where the inspection/registration stickers go. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow or something. Supposedly Texas just made it legal a couple months ago for this tint. Although the sides aren't legal, but u get used to them. For backing up I just roll the windows down.

Well I will certainly have to read up on that. The important thing is that you can see well at night. Definently post a pic when you can. Maybe if you could take the same pic in a different car for comparison to a standard windshield in the same lighting.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:21 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BoomTown96
Well I will certainly have to read up on that. The important thing is that you can see well at night. Definently post a pic when you can. Maybe if you could take the same pic in a different car for comparison to a standard windshield in the same lighting.
http://www.shadestint.com/LLumar_AIRBlue.html

It's either this or something similar... So I was off on the specs a bit... but you get the picture haha
Old 10-28-2011, 07:36 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Here are a few shots I took this morning on the way to work showing the tint from the inside... you can see around the inspection sticker and blank spot where my registration sticker go the difference... not a huge difference.

took a couple so you can see what the difference looks like with the 3-5% tint. Pics are taken with Iphone while driving so there is room for improvement haha..
Attached Thumbnails 1 month transformation... Pic Heavy-night5.jpg   1 month transformation... Pic Heavy-night3.jpg   1 month transformation... Pic Heavy-night4.jpg   1 month transformation... Pic Heavy-night.jpg   1 month transformation... Pic Heavy-night2.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1 month transformation... Pic Heavy