Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011/12 gt hp

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Brad192

haha i don't think ill be seeing any of those in my area!! and the supra is a very reliable car that's why i picked it. and i just don't want to dump that kind of money into it and have trans problems.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:38 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Got some work to do if you want to outrun everyone
It takes lots of cash to make a reliable, fast street car, and jw, but why not supercharge the 5.0?
There are guys who do just that, and they totally rock the dragstrip. Professional modders are pulling as low as 9's on turbo and supercharged Coyotes.
The guys getting less than 10's have not only put on turbos and superchargers, they have rebuilt the block to survive high boosts.
Going into high teens and into the 20's PSI boost into the manifold requires nothing less than true forged H-beam conrods and forged pistons, with lower CR's. Otherwise, the engine will only live for a few passes, maybe a couple dozens at most, and the engine would be toast on the stock fake-forged conrods (sintered) and the already very high stock CR of 11:1.

I agree with you 100%, alot of work is required to get crazy power (the 850 HP vs the 1500 HP in that vid is proof).
And it aint cheap either.
Supercharger = no less than $3000 to $10000 or more.
Rebuilding the block with true forged conrods and decent quality lower CR pistons: as much as ~$7000? maybe more.
Headwork (porting, inproved springs, cams, etc) no less than $3000.

And that is just the engine. You still have to upgrade the tranny because the stock Ford trannies are designed to barely take what the stock engine produces. The DS, rear gears, and axles too need upgrading to survive the punishment.

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Oh and for the record, high power supra = dyno queen. A local shop had a 900whp supra on the dyno, it only made 300whp up until ~5000rpm, then made stupid power from 5k-redline. Nothing down low though.
That is something I been preaching a long time. It is possible to make crazy HP with weenie torque, but unless you have great or nothing less than decent torque throughout the majority of your RPM bandwidth, all you will have is a horsepower number to brag about but you will not win many races.
Getting off the line is critical, and not having decent torque at about 3000-3500 RPM can mean a car length or so advantage given to your opponent.
And reving up to 5000RPM to clutch dump is only a good recipe for spinning your wheels if you do not have slicks.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:48 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brad192
supra =

5.0 =

in a street race...which im into. both are amazing and i love my stang to death! but your crazy if you think supras are rice lol
You do understand that a supra would be the definition of rice? Japan....Rice....do you see the connection?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:10 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

coming from a guy with a v6.

and im looking to mod a car up so no one can hang with me on the street, i dont want to supercharge my 5.0 so i think after all is said and done the supra with benefit the most.

i know a stock 5.0 would shred a stock supra
Alright so I'm confused. First you're bashing on a sixer. Second, you say you've got a 5.0 but your thing says you drive a 2010. So what is it?

And I don't understand how you think you're going to walk into Mustang forum and start ragging on others and touting the fact that you're about to get a Supra. Cool. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome car, but quit with the trolling.

Last edited by HxCGuitars; 10-27-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

haha i don't think ill be seeing any of those in my area!! and the supra is a very reliable car that's why i picked it. and i just don't want to dump that kind of money into it and have trans problems.
Because everyone knows twin turbocharged cars are the epitome of reliable...

I find it hilarious your retort to me was "you have a v6" when no supra has ever exceeded the 6 cylinder layout.

If you are "dumping" money into any car, transmission is the first thing to get thrown out, the supra was used for modding due to its iron block engine. It took any extra power very well. That said, you don't see high power supras running around on the stock auto transmissions, and not many more with the stock manuals. So either way you cut it, you'll be investing heavily if you want to achieve anything NEAR what is in those videos, and a lot of that cash will be going into strengthening your transmission to handle the power. Regardless if it's a Supra or Mustang.

You get all that "street racer", or do I need to repeat it?

Last edited by aaquib1992; 10-27-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:22 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

LOL....I find both sides of the replies in this thread idiotic by everyone. Each person is making fun of the other and not really posting anything more. The Supra was a great car and was fast back then..look at those year Mustangs..they sucked ***** as far as speed and power. The supra no longer exist and toyota doesnt make anything and now the mustang has the speed..Supra is far from Rice as long as its not made into like the F&F one was.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:36 AM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

I just find it amazing how someone asks people to post up some mods and someone comes in with a post like that and it the whole thread goes to crap.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:31 AM
NaplesFL11GT
3rd Gear Member

I see a lock coming.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by HxCGuitars
Alright so I'm confused. First you're bashing on a sixer. Second, you say you've got a 5.0 but your thing says you drive a 2010. So what is it?

They probably forgot which profile they were logged in...

One can mod any car to the point where 'no one can hang with them'...the V8 Mustang is no exception.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:04 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

To stay back on topic, OP the 5.0's are seeing around 400-420rwhp on just an intake, GOOD tune, and exhaust. Some say the boss intake manifold isnt worth it, but I feel otherwise and a friend of mine just ran 11.86 on a BONE STOCK boss 302 with DR's.

Quick Reply: 2011/12 gt hp