Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best weekend ever in a while!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
LaserGT
2nd Gear Member

That's one sweet looking GT you have. Of course your wife will say "our" Mustang. It's hidden somewhere in your marriage vows.

Thank you for your service to our country.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Your welcome everyone

@Mustang0672: Indeed. Well, I'm looking to purchase the compete set (tire and wheels). Just have to call the American Muscle Customer set up to make sure I get the all season tires. And Thanks for the compliment.

@Stags: Thanks. I'm new to when it comes cars and modifications. What are bulllies? (I will have to look that one up)...

@Redfire: Thanks. Yes, this is my very first experience on purchasing a new car myself. My wife is driving it this week, then plans on putting it into storage for the upcoming winter. I asked her, very kindly, not to drive it so much, so I can enjoy the new smell when I come home in April, LOL..

@Alan: Thanks for the advice. I will look into it. I don't plan on buying the mufflers until about Feb or March of March, so I have time. Basically, I'm just looking for that Deep Sound without having too much of the raspy sound to it. For now, I've been looking at youtube for the sound that I like.

@HotWheelRacer: Those are GT500's on your ride correct???
Old 10-31-2011, 01:06 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

@LaserGT: So True. Funny thing, my wife wanted me to get the Charger so bad. She really didn't like the Mustang too much, but now she's in love, LOL...
Old 10-31-2011, 05:15 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Roni - last bit of advice. Find a car that has the mufflers you want and listen to it in person. That is the best way to really determine the best sound for your taste.

Keep on huntin' down the Taliban.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I agree with Alan on the Roush's.. I've heard them on his car and it sounds GREAT!

Congrats on the new car! and I think bullies.. are actually Bullitts

Old 11-01-2011, 05:02 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

@Alan: I work with the Afghan Police (I'm a Military Police), and trust me, our unit has them (Taliban Bastards) on the run. On another note, I've seen some videos, and took the flowmasters off my wish listed and added the Roush Axle Back. Love that sound even better, but I'm sure they are even better in person. Question though, would you consider these roush axle back for daily driving?

@Jeff: Thanks. And I will look up the bullits to see what they are.

Other than that, looking into getting a Cold Air Intake. So far I'm looking at the BBK Cold Air Intake for $320.99 on American Muscle.

And thanks for the advice you all. One of the advantages of being deployed is that I get to save up on alot of money (money i would have usually spent on daily living, I can now just let sit in the bank). So I'm looking into putting at least $3000 into this car before March...I guess alot of people in this forum was right, the MOD BUG does kick in very well, LOL LOL LOL...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:13 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Absolutely I would have the Roush on a DD. If you drive easy, they have a nice rumble, nothing offensive at all. The in-car sound isn't bad at all either. But it is personal preference. The stock exhaust is way too quiet. Be patient, you will find what makes you happy.

Other than Afghanistan, where do you actually call home? Jeff and I are in NC.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:26 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Well, I was born in DC but grew up in New York City (Bronx). Joined the Army when I was 18 and been all over the place. But I've been living in Germany the past 10 years, married a german woman, but after this deployment, we plan on getting assigned to the States and I have 4 more years before I retire.

So no home really now, but i do plan on either moving to NC or VA when I get out of the military. I did 5 years in North Carolina (Ft. Bragg), pretty nice area and I got alot of family in South Carolina..
Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

I didnn't pay attention to the plates on your car, just how cool is it to have an American muscle car in Germany? Well, at this point, we would have to ask your wife I guess. When you get back, you will have to post some pics for us.

When making your decision on where to retire to - consider our great mountain roads. Western NC is a wonderful place to stretch the legs on your new pony.

Stay safe and keep hammering on the bad guys.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:18 AM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

if your lookin at gt500s i'd check out cruizinconcepts wholesale, i was considerin gt500s for my kona a while ago and they had the best prices i could find. theres even a discount code i believe for forum users that gets you an additional 5%. AM does have the best customer service tho

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....500-wheels.asp

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best weekend ever in a while!!!!!!