Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 GT- Struts Clunking Already

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wesslvm
Got my car back on Saturday. They replaced the passenger side lower control arm bushings and the drivers side sway bar bushings.

I would say most but not all of my noises are gone. Still need to drive some of my normal routes to see how it turns out.
Do keep us posted. I too do get a clunk, even a hard one over a small "bump" (not really a bump, just a slight change in the height of the road, not a speed bump or anything like that).

If your fix works, I am going to try to go back to my dealer shop again and explain the fix. Hopefully explaning that will give them some direction on what they could do.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by winner99
I just got back from the dealer over my horrid popping noise- they didnt even look at it after I waited 2 hours and told me its not a mechanical defect because they cant hear it where they are located and wont take it for a ride 10mins away where I always hear it.
Sorry to hear that! PM me the current mileage and I'll escalate your situation.

Originally Posted by ancona46
I hear ya, I swear ford does everything possible not to make a warranty repair. I never had any issues with jeep and GM dealers when it comes to service FORD SUCKS!
Actually, we work to resolve warranty issues whenever possible, but if a vehicle has mods that cause concerns, then unfortunately any automaker would be unable to offer warranty coverage.

Originally Posted by wesslvm
Got my car back on Saturday. They replaced the passenger side lower control arm bushings and the drivers side sway bar bushings.

I would say most but not all of my noises are gone. Still need to drive some of my normal routes to see how it turns out.
Glad it is much improved! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Do keep us posted. I too do get a clunk, even a hard one over a small "bump" (not really a bump, just a slight change in the height of the road, not a speed bump or anything like that).
Hey JIM5.0,

Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help with your suspension issues as well.

~Natasha
Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Hey JIM5.0,

Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help with your suspension issues as well.

~Natasha
Thanks for you help, I am attempting to try to work it out on at the dealer level first.

If things do not work out there, I will definitely contact you.
But do not take this harshly; I refuse to give you any of my info that ties my identity or my VIN to my MF user ID. As far as FoMoCo is concerned, I wish to keep my VIN, my personal info, etc. completely anonymous and unlinked to any of my online membership IDs.

If you PM me with your FoMoCo email, I will converse with you that way.
I do not want FoMoCo to use anything I say on the net as anything that possibly might be considered incriminating.

But I do applaud you, Deysha, and other FoMoCo employees who actually actively work to proactively provide customer service; that in my books is a positive thing.

The only thing I suggest to improve yours and other FoMoCo employee's customer service on social media is to provide a means for us to contact you all and still maintain our anonymity.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:17 AM
winner99
3rd Gear Member

I have asked to escalate this until my issue is "resolved". Did not pay nearly $35k for this kind of service or grief.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

I a glad I am done buying toys for the most part as my old lump is flawless at 2400 miles lol
Old 11-21-2011, 12:07 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thanks for you help, I am attempting to try to work it out on at the dealer level first.

The only thing I suggest to improve yours and other FoMoCo employee's customer service on social media is to provide a means for us to contact you all and still maintain our anonymity.
Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy to help. I assure you, nothing posted publicly is linked to your vehicle. If you are concerned about working through social media, you are welcome to contact our Customer Relationship Center at 800.392.3673, as they are equipped to help as well.

Originally Posted by winner99
I have asked to escalate this until my issue is "resolved". Did not pay nearly $35k for this kind of service or grief.
Just got your PM, and I escalated your case, so check your inbox when you have a sec.

~Natasha
Old 11-21-2011, 05:07 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Sorry to hear that! PM me the current mileage and I'll escalate your situation.

Actually, we work to resolve warranty issues whenever possible, but if a vehicle has mods that cause concerns, then unfortunately any automaker would be unable to offer warranty coverage.

Glad it is much improved! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hey JIM5.0,

~Natasha
Why does ford ALWAYS bring up mods? I guarantee you half of the mustang owners out there have done something to their car. The mods shouldn't raise any concern unless found out to be the problem. Otherwise FORD MUST do warranty work. I have had a friend who had a problem with this same thing and talked to Ford....all they did was blame the mods he had put on..car was 2 months old.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:23 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Why does ford ALWAYS bring up mods? I guarantee you half of the mustang owners out there have done something to their car. The mods shouldn't raise any concern unless found out to be the problem. Otherwise FORD MUST do warranty work. I have had a friend who had a problem with this same thing and talked to Ford....all they did was blame the mods he had put on..car was 2 months old.
That is right. A mod that has absolutely no bearing on the problem should not even be considered. For example, if you bring in your car for a bad brake and you put in an aftermarket radio, the dealer techs should be prohibited from even asking if that is a mod.

The only time mods should be brought into consideration is if one for example puts nitrous and the engine gets damaged.
But before denying any warranty work, the techs should considered if the mod did really do the damage.
If the mod didn't cause the problem, warranty work should proceed.
But if the mod did indeed damaged the car, I agree, the warranty work should be denied.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

That is right. A mod that has absolutely no bearing on the problem should not even be considered. For example, if you bring in your car for a bad brake and you put in an aftermarket radio, the dealer techs should be prohibited from even asking if that is a mod.

The only time mods should be brought into consideration is if one for example puts nitrous and the engine gets damaged.
But before denying any warranty work, the techs should considered if the mod did really do the damage.
If the mod didn't cause the problem, warranty work should proceed.
But if the mod did indeed damaged the car, I agree, the warranty work should be denied.
Yes, if the mod was proven to have caused the damage, then yes the work should be denied. Hell, my dad went into the dealership one time for the underhood corrosion problem...the tech asked if the intake in it was aftermarket? Correct me if Im wrong how would a air intake do that to a hood?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:14 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Why does ford ALWAYS bring up mods? I guarantee you half of the mustang owners out there have done something to their car. The mods shouldn't raise any concern unless found out to be the problem.
Mods will not necessarily void the warranty, but if it fails or causes a Ford product to fail, that causes us to review warranty coverage.

If the mod didn't cause the problem, warranty work should proceed. But if the mod did indeed damaged the car, I agree, the warranty work should be denied.
You are correct on the process.

~Natasha

Quick Reply: 2012 GT- Struts Clunking Already