Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you think they should pay??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
if you came into my shop with this attitude, id walk you right back out.

just from an outside view it seems like youre looking for a handout.
Agreed. As to what Young Gun said...if I was a business owner and you came in and threatened me, telling me you were going to post all over about how bad my business is when it could be OP's fault...I'd punch ya in the face.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Have you approached them about the problem yet? They may be willing to work with you. Don't make a fuss until they stop being fair.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Proper approach helps but I doubt they will replace your tires....maybe a free alignment.

On the other end of things.....driving for 6000 miles without checking the tires for wear seems odd, especially after having suspension work done. Also, the handling of the car would have been terrible with that bad of an alignment. And.....I would almost say the front wheels would have had to show an odd angle just sitting still pointed straight ahead.

Owner error/neglect does not mean shop pays. Seems like it should have been back to them in just a couple of driving times.

Of course, this is my opinion without seeing the car.....
Old 11-06-2011, 10:50 PM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

No, they shouldn't.

You drove it that way until the tires were ruined. That didn't happen in minutes, hours or even days. It took much longer, which tells me you ignored obvious tire wear until too late. I would take that to also mean you didn't call their attention to the issue until too late.

The shop might owe you a realignment, but they didn't ruin your tires. Your failure to monitor and act on tire wear ruined your tires.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:24 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

You can very well go back to the shop and ask them to fix the problem. I'm sure you don't go driving in potholes all day long becuase it's fun. If approached right they could fix it.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM
nicksfoursix
1st Gear Member

As a repair shop employee, I would consider the rationale of the customer in this particular case and their value as a customer (not necessarily or only what he spends).
If this was a reasonable customer asking for assistance, I would clearly participate in the repair. We could point fingers at one another, but what does this accomplish? With this situation, I might consider participating with a portion of the labor or a
dollar amount towards having this repair performed in my shop.
The sad part of it all is their are so many "mooches" and people who think that they should not pay for anything -OR- the "ever since you changed my oil, the bulb in my living room lamp burned out" -OR- "the internet made me a technician" syndromes.
And the saddest of this all is that there are way to many of the latter and not enough of the former.....
Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

I also think the OP was wanting them to replace the worn tires along with a new alignment....
Old 11-08-2011, 07:13 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Proper approach helps but I doubt they will replace your tires....maybe a free alignment.

On the other end of things.....driving for 6000 miles without checking the tires for wear seems odd, especially after having suspension work done. Also, the handling of the car would have been terrible with that bad of an alignment. And.....I would almost say the front wheels would have had to show an odd angle just sitting still pointed straight ahead.

Owner error/neglect does not mean shop pays. Seems like it should have been back to them in just a couple of driving times.

Of course, this is my opinion without seeing the car.....
+1! One should always check for tire wear regularly.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:28 AM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Judging by the ride height of your car, I'd be surprised if they could even get your camber back to stock specs... may need to move the ride height up a bit. My car that's lowered 1" in the front has -1.5 degrees with stock strut mounts, which is right on the edge of factory recommended specs.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Problem with this theory, is that he would have to hit 2 pot holes... One for each side.
Since both tires wear on the inside, it tells me that his set-up is out of wack.
I say it's their wrong doing.
This would be incorrect.
If a tire is toed out (which wears the inside of a tire), the other will toe out equally to compensate so that you go down the road straight.
Yes, the alignment is out whack.
The added weight of my Procharger set-up altered the camber. I adjusted the toe inwards, ever so slightly. problem solved.

Last edited by SCCAGT; 11-09-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: do you think they should pay??