Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would it cost to make my car like this one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:43 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

On first glance, I saw nothing very catchy or brilliant about the interior. That Ipad is meh, have fun charging it all the time, AND pulling it out of the car (lithium ion batteries don't take well to summer heat) every time you park it for longer than an hour. And where are the aux inputs? (i.e. the USB, even mediocre systems have USB input nowadays)

And of all the places they could have stuck that radar, they put it on the center console?? In plain view of anyone (cop) who looks in. As if that area of the car didn't have enough going on, that it needed one MORE display for your eyes.

I wouldn't even use a picture of that car to wipe my ***, even if it was the last piece of soft ply in my house.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Are you sh!tt!ng me?! Do you really want to do THAT to your car?!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:06 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Now that's a good reply onederful!

Oh yeah I also like the "poop." at the beginning, lol!
"poop".....just trying to keep it PG-13. LOL.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:11 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Is it just me or are most of the vehicles displayed at SEMA riced out? (obviously I'm not talking about those sexy TruFiber stangs!) This looks like it should be driven by "Kick ***" right beside "Red Mist"...Gross!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
On first glance, I saw nothing very catchy or brilliant about the interior. That Ipad is meh, have fun charging it all the time, AND pulling it out of the car (lithium ion batteries don't take well to summer heat) every time you park it for longer than an hour. And where are the aux inputs? (i.e. the USB, even mediocre systems have USB input nowadays)

And of all the places they could have stuck that radar, they put it on the center console?? In plain view of anyone (cop) who looks in. As if that area of the car didn't have enough going on, that it needed one MORE display for your eyes.

I wouldn't even use a picture of that car to wipe my ***, even if it was the last piece of soft ply in my house.
The iPad is awesome - you fail to realize many aspects of it.

That iPad is SPECIFICALLY for cars - so I bet it doesn't run off the lithium ions. Also, it is hooked into the cars electrical system so the alternator would charge it even if it did have a battery.

Also, as far as aux inputs, most of that stuff is going to wireless anyhow and I'm sure that iPad is ahead of the curve in that area.

They also have iPads that are integrated into the instrument panels on planes - and I have flown a Cirrus that did have one. It was amazingly convenient.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
The iPad is awesome - you fail to realize many aspects of it.

That iPad is SPECIFICALLY for cars - so I bet it doesn't run off the lithium ions. Also, it is hooked into the cars electrical system so the alternator would charge it even if it did have a battery.

Also, as far as aux inputs, most of that stuff is going to wireless anyhow and I'm sure that iPad is ahead of the curve in that area.

They also have iPads that are integrated into the instrument panels on planes - and I have flown a Cirrus that did have one. It was amazingly convenient.
The li-Ion battery system is integrated into the IOS system. I doubt they took the time to re engineer an entire ipad.

I am sure they have a charger built into the car for the ipad (behind that disgusting plate) but again, putting music on that thing requires that you remove it completely from the car. No Ipad I know of can be hooked straight up to a USB. Gotta take it to the computer just to add songs/files/movies.

Same for output, they may be using the charger thing (I forget what its called, vga?) for output like my moms iHome does.

I do like the ipad though, very sleek gadget IMO. Just not in a car as a stationary device.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:36 PM
fede

Thanks guys, I appreciated your comments... even if many of you don't like all the mods. I agree about the rims (ugly even for an Escalade), and partially about the hood scoop (maybe it's not great, but it's pretty aggressive), but I think the other stuff is cool. The painting job is a subjective thing...

What do you think about the Edelbrock turbo charger?? And what do you think can cost in labor to install all the after parts?

Thanks again!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

The Edlebrock is a supercharger, not turbo. Out of the car, the charger, exhaust and springs would be the ONLY things I would take from that car. Everything else can go to the scrap heap. Was it just me or in the video they had a Stang with not one but TWO of those atrocious scoops? ��
Old 11-09-2011, 11:59 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Yeah it was the shark themed one right? I saw that in another thread, apparently it's a theme they have going for the car to look like a sea faring animal... A but weird, but it's their money/time.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Most Sema Mustangs have too much ugly crap slapped on them. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Quick Reply: How much would it cost to make my car like this one?