Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would it cost to make my car like this one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:58 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Wow! That Sema car is..........................ugly... Erik
Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fede
Well guys, thanks a lot for your feedback. I understood that most of you didn't like the mods on that Mustang... I actually didn't like the rims and the paint job too, but I though the other stuff was cool..

Anyway, the cost of the job was what I was interested in and I got the answer I was looking for... the rest is a matter of personal taste...

BTW, watching the videos I understood the mod job was done for charity, so even if I don't like everything they did on that Mustang... I liked the concept of supporting our troops!
You want to make your next Mustang yours, and we can respect that. Do you want to stand out from rest of the pack aesthetically or because you can run away from them at the track? Anywhere inbetween and you will likely only stand out from people not on this board as most of us here are looking for that balance...

To achieve this aethetically, you should concentrate on the exterior... You could spend your $20K on this:

1) 22" Rims and Tires ($4,000) but terrible ride from what I've read.
2) Suspension mods ($2,000) to help lower the car or maybe even airbags.
3) Body Kit and paint ($10,000). This is a truly lowball estimate and will likely run twice this.
4) Interior work w/in car audio/video ($4,000) another low ball estimate, but you can certainly accomplish this in stages.

For the performance road, you could start with a forge rotating assembly with a blower. $15,000 right there... Then suspension to get the power to the ground, so another $4800. Use the last $200 to get custom plates that for the people to read as you drive away.

Don

Last edited by BigDinTexas; 11-13-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

^^^The paragraph right after #4 is the best advice I heard so far.

I like the looks of a rather plain car (stock 'Stang for example) with the power to blow the flame paint job off of a ricer next to you. Kind of a sleeper thing.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:06 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

Im digging that ipad for the car
Old 11-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MythEyeLess
Im digging that ipad for the car
Finally someone who agrees with me

I flew a Cirrus SR20 last month that had one as the primary MFD and it was amazing.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
On first glance, I saw nothing very catchy or brilliant about the interior. That Ipad is meh, have fun charging it all the time, AND pulling it out of the car (lithium ion batteries don't take well to summer heat) every time you park it for longer than an hour. And where are the aux inputs? (i.e. the USB, even mediocre systems have USB input nowadays)

And of all the places they could have stuck that radar, they put it on the center console?? In plain view of anyone (cop) who looks in. As if that area of the car didn't have enough going on, that it needed one MORE display for your eyes.

I wouldn't even use a picture of that car to wipe my ***, even if it was the last piece of soft ply in my house.
If you keep the ipad in your car all the time then charging isnt really necessary since its always plugged in. Also with ios5 it will sync your itunes library with your computer automatically over wifi (and maybe 3g, idk)
The ipad and the 5.0 is about all I want out of that car
Old 11-14-2011, 08:24 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
If you keep the ipad in your car all the time then charging isnt really necessary since its always plugged in. Also with ios5 it will sync your itunes library with your computer automatically over wifi (and maybe 3g, idk)
The ipad and the 5.0 is about all I want out of that car
Well that would solve a few problems, but I think the battery would degrade over time, to a point where it won't hold charge all that well.

Then the input problem is still there, I wonder if they could come up with a way to use an external device with the ipad, but seeing as how the lower port is being used for charging, I don't see how.

For the price, much better systems can be had IMO. The functionality would be AWESOME, with all the apps, etc. but still pricey for a head unit.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by bakerjd

I still cannot comprehend how or why someone would want to make their Mustang look ANYTHING like this one or like the one the OP is talking about.
It simply makes me want to walk up to those cars and puke all over them!

I KNOW to each their own. I said that myself.
But COME ON!!!!! Do you really want to RICE OUT your beautiful car like that and make it look like something from some sort of Oriental Anime cartoon?

DISCUSTING!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Well technically that one was for Red Mists' character in Kick ***, so that one is understandable. But then I realized they do that for ALL of the Stangs that they work on, and I just shake my head....