Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know how much clearance on Roush bumper with agressive chin spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 05:43 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone know how much clearance on Roush bumper with agressive chin spoiler?

before any lowering or adjustments to suspension
Old 12-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

I would say around 6-7".. didn't really messure it.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:00 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Haven't measured.. but I have no clearance issues on stock suspension. Would still need to be careful around dips, steep drive ways, parking garages, etc. as with any chin spoiler. IMO the Roush front doesn't look complete without the chin spoiler, however it's an expensive piece and rather 'flimsy'. If you don't give enough clearance with the install screws, it can easily pierce the chin and leave a bump, won't puncture but it will leave it's mark.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:50 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Haven't measured.. but I have no clearance issues on stock suspension. Would still need to be careful around dips, steep drive ways, parking garages, etc. as with any chin spoiler. IMO the Roush front doesn't look complete without the chin spoiler, however it's an expensive piece and rather 'flimsy'. If you don't give enough clearance with the install screws, it can easily pierce the chin and leave a bump, won't puncture but it will leave it's mark.
alittle confused by your post where you mention the install screws clearance please clarify/elaborate. thanks
Old 12-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
alittle confused by your post where you mention the install screws clearance please clarify/elaborate. thanks
I have a Roush fascia with the chin spoiler on a lowered car I've repaired the thing three times since the install, the last time coming off the dyno rack, it's a PITA and I kind of wish I had not installed it, I have no idea what Mineral Grey is talking about.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:06 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I've got to ask...
You said "agressive" chin spoiler, and roush only has one chin poiler that I'm aware of, and to the best of my knowledge the roush chin spoiler is the only one that fits the roush bumper.
The bottom of the roush chin spoiler is pretty much even with the bottom of the roush front bumper, so from that point of view, there really is no vertical clearance issue, however it does extend out further so you need to be careful coming out of driveways etc, especially if lowered.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

With Eibach pro-kit springs and Roush front end, my car sit 4.25" off the ground.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:57 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
I've got to ask...
You said "agressive" chin spoiler, and roush only has one chin poiler that I'm aware of, and to the best of my knowledge the roush chin spoiler is the only one that fits the roush bumper.
The bottom of the roush chin spoiler is pretty much even with the bottom of the roush front bumper, so from that point of view, there really is no vertical clearance issue, however it does extend out further so you need to be careful coming out of driveways etc, especially if lowered.
Same thing I was thinking....
Old 12-18-2011, 12:08 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
There are screws behind the chin spoiler. I didn't do the install myself, but the screws either hold on the chin spoiler or a function of the front fascia. They are a few inches long and the points of the screws face the backside of the chin spoiler. The chin spoiler is made of a very flexible material that any tap will cause it to be pushed back and into the screws. If it gets tapped hard enough, it will cause hairline fractures in the paint. It's kind of hard to explain.

Last edited by alkemist; 12-18-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:44 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

It's also 7" off the ground with stock suspension.

Quick Reply: Anyone know how much clearance on Roush bumper with agressive chin spoiler?