Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love the one you're with...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Well I simply cant afford to change cars often, only when it breaks or is totalled. I'm on my 3rd car and i'm 23 trying to finish college....

I've had this my car for over 2 months and love it.. but then again its a supercharged 4.6L .. hard to get bored with this much power

It all depends what you want. Some may be perfectly happy with a clean v6 (wheels, hood, lowered) with a nice sound system, great DD. But some may prefer more power like that 5.0 with 412hp, rather than a measly ~300 like the 4.6L or the newer 3.7L... huge difference. If/when I do get bored of mine, i'd want a 5.0, then throw cams/long tubes/CAI/rims/hood on it... but i'll be driving this for a few years at least till I can afford to change.

Being satisfied with what you have reflects into other areas of your life, too. Like how much you make, your house, your girlfriend/wife, etc.

That being said, speed is an addiction. Nothing is more fun than whipping the rear end out (drifting) on a corner in 1st or 2nd then flooring it
Old 12-23-2011, 07:56 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

I drive one of two slow **** company vehicles five days a week - a van and a box truck, both are roughly 20 feet in length and 10+ feet high with I'd say no more then 120hp. Every time I jump in my 5.0 for lunch and after work, it feels like I'm driving it for the first time. I'm keeping mine so long as the 2015 Mustang doesn't tempt me in trading in but by that time I should have my car paid off or close to it.

I'd say go and drive the cars you're looking at, it'll either make your appreciate the one you have or it's trade in time but do your research on all your options then buy it, mod it, enjoy it, and work to pay it off.

Last edited by goodfun_gt; 12-23-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:22 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

One of my favorite song lyrics by Sheryl Crow...
It's not having what you want, its wanting what you have!
Modding is meditation for this condition, go to AM.com STAT
Old 12-23-2011, 10:36 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

I think Im the polar opposite of you. The 3 cars I owned before my stang I literally drove them till the wheels fell off. My last car was a 94 Honda accord I put 380k miles on it and it was on its last leg it actually still ran when I got rid of it but there were more things wrong with it than right. so when I was finally in a position financially to afford my dream car a mustang I looked for weeks on cars.com and autotrader to find my perfect match and man am I glad I did. I absolutely love my V6 she doesnt have all the Hpr and torque of her big brother but that doesnt bother me one bit. shes not perfect but she has the potential to be the perfect car for me. one mod at a time and we'll get there together. I love you Roxanne. Maybe I shouldnt have wrote this after 4 beers. lol
Old 12-24-2011, 08:16 AM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

I think it's financially irresponsible to buy a new car twice a year. I love cars but they are the worst financial investment someone can make. My mustang was my first new car I've ever owned and I don't plan on buying a new one for at least 10 more years. I started researching the 5.0 once word of its release came out in 2009. I would say like others to mod your car to keep it fresh because money doesn't grow on trees. It's cool to always have the latest and greatest but I work with a lot of guys who do that and they live in a crappy part of town in a crappy apartment because all of their money is tied up in a car. But it's your money and your life. Just my 2 cents since you asked.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:13 PM
bigcanoe
2nd Gear Member

I coulda had a V8!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:34 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Get help, join a group of people that share the same affliction (circle group), after a few group meetings, get on your computer and go to AmericanMuscle.Com and buy modifications of your liking. Make the car you currently have a different "same" car until you've become bored again, then Mod some more. Make your old B$#%#, your new B$#%#. Personally, I think the car you currently have is great and the thing about Mustangs, there are a vast majority of modifications you can purchase to make different changes when ever you want.

If all fails, get a new car, maybe a V8. If all still fails, join the Army, go into a Combat Arms MOS, get shipped to Afghanistan. I'm sure after several months of going thru hell, it will make you appreciate the things you have in life.

Hope this helps, good luck and have a Merry Joyful Christmas ;0)
Old 12-24-2011, 04:57 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Buy an old fox body and fix it up. Keep your current car for a reliable daily driver.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
If all still fails, join the Army, go into a Combat Arms MOS, get shipped to Afghanistan. I'm sure after several months of going thru hell, it will make you appreciate the things you have in life.
Very well said! OP are you listening?
Old 12-25-2011, 01:41 AM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

If he was to enlist and deploy he would probably be like all the other dumb Soldiers who buy expensive cars when they get back and scrape by with car and insurance payments each month until they are forced to give the car back to the bank.

Quick Reply: Love the one you're with...