Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what a d!ck

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Rain
1st Gear Member

Looks like it happens everywhere. I think I had my car a total of 2 days before some guy rages up to me at a red light in his obnoxious truck, complete with lift kit and over-sized tires, just revving it up until the light turned green.

At least I was able to beat him off the line... lol
Old 01-07-2012, 10:27 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

This always makes me laugh.. I have met SO many little guys, with big-*** trucks who think they are so ***** and puff their little chicken chests out about this sorta thing.. I just reach down, pat them on the head, and nod knowingly...

Something similar happened to me a few years ago in my bimmer - single lane back-road here near my home (1 lane each way), just driving along going to the store. This guy in his mega lifted Dodge Ram something or other comes ripping out of a subdivision as I pass it's entrance, and he is nailing it closing quickly on me.. I go through a light, and am looking back wondering if he's going to stomp and run the light just to keep moving like he was out of the subdivision. Sure enough, he runs the light just as someone else begins to turn from the T intersection. he goes out on the grass on the right around them, stomps it even more, fishtails and gets back on the road, then proceeds to continue stomping it until he's on my ***. He can't pass as this part of the road is pretty windy (Trickum Rd if you know the Woodstock area of metro ATL), he is literally on my ***, and I know I have a turn ahead to make into a grocery store/strip mall deal (that doesn't have a turn lane into it...) Sure enough I put my blinker on, I don't even think the idiot can see my rear he's so lifted and so close.. I slow down somewhat abruptly, and watch as he slams his brakes, fishtails, and skids to a stop like inches off my bumper (Was really thinking - oh boy I'm about to get a new car!). I'd braced myself too - can't believe he managed to save himself..

little man syndrome is a bad, bad thing...
Old 01-07-2012, 11:12 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
This always makes me laugh.. I have met SO many little guys, with big-*** trucks who think they are so ***** and puff their little chicken chests out about this sorta thing.. I just reach down, pat them on the head, and nod knowingly...

Something similar happened to me a few years ago in my bimmer - single lane back-road here near my home (1 lane each way), just driving along going to the store. This guy in his mega lifted Dodge Ram something or other comes ripping out of a subdivision as I pass it's entrance, and he is nailing it closing quickly on me.. I go through a light, and am looking back wondering if he's going to stomp and run the light just to keep moving like he was out of the subdivision. Sure enough, he runs the light just as someone else begins to turn from the T intersection. he goes out on the grass on the right around them, stomps it even more, fishtails and gets back on the road, then proceeds to continue stomping it until he's on my ***. He can't pass as this part of the road is pretty windy (Trickum Rd if you know the Woodstock area of metro ATL), he is literally on my ***, and I know I have a turn ahead to make into a grocery store/strip mall deal (that doesn't have a turn lane into it...) Sure enough I put my blinker on, I don't even think the idiot can see my rear he's so lifted and so close.. I slow down somewhat abruptly, and watch as he slams his brakes, fishtails, and skids to a stop like inches off my bumper (Was really thinking - oh boy I'm about to get a new car!). I'd braced myself too - can't believe he managed to save himself..

Wow, I never had it that bad now...but that's pretty irresponsible and reckless of him. I think someone else said this but they overly compensate their small size below with huge tires and lifts, which in return boosts their ego to a state where they think they own all.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:11 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee

ROFL...Me and this other guy are by far the biggest dudes in our department and floor at work. There are a couple of other big guys in the company too (we're about 120 ppl in our office.) 2 big guys drive stangs (me as 1), my co-worker drives a Beretta, etc...and it's totally right. The smaller the guy is the bigger his pickup. Smallest guy in our dept has the biggest one.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
ROFL...Me and this other guy are by far the biggest dudes in our department and floor at work. There are a couple of other big guys in the company too (we're about 120 ppl in our office.) 2 big guys drive stangs (me as 1), my co-worker drives a Beretta, etc...and it's totally right. The smaller the guy is the bigger his pickup. Smallest guy in our dept has the biggest one.
I hear ya, I'm 6'5" about 225 (230 with the holiday having passed, LOL), I'd actually not mind being a little shorter so I 'can' fit things better, not have creaks in my neck, sore back, and what-not. I actually prefer smaller zippier cars (This stang is my biggest car yet, guess I am getting old).

Not having the luxury of being shorter really I just don't get it. I don't wanna bang on shorter guys about their 'gear' and 'compensation' but WTF else could it be?? (I understand passion for trucks and 4x4ing.. But the size to truck ratio for a-holes *is* known worldwide..)
Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

black smoking diesel = ricers, my truck runs a very hot tune and there is nothing more then a light haze at WOT, and nothing more annoying then some shmuck in a old dodge (although ford owners and GM owners do it to) with banks or bully dog stickers everywhere thinking there ****ty tunes make them own the world. Believe it or not, real diesel enthusiests do frown on these people
Old 01-08-2012, 09:59 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman02232
black smoking diesel = ricers
Believe it or not, real diesel enthusiests do frown on these people
I am so glad to hear that even within their own community they are the fringe. Thanks for adding this.

Don
Old 01-08-2012, 11:08 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
I am so glad to hear that even within their own community they are the fringe. Thanks for adding this.

Don
+1 on this for sure
Old 01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
KonaS197

I would have had to throw that can through is window or fart in his face to make things even
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Lol... I've been smoked out by a diesel before...