Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holster in the stang

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 03:48 AM
pastywhiteboy

i got a random question
what do you guys do with your guns? you refer to them as toys and they seem to bring you fun but all i can see when i look at them is self-defense and danger
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 AM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Still got it better than those of us in the "communist state of Illinois" as my to be father in-law calls it lol. Things are so strict here its ridiculous. Can't wait to move to another state where I can actually enjoy guns.
It's the People's Republic of Chicago... CCW isn't strict. It's banded. We're the ONLY state in the union where you don't have some form of carry.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:46 AM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

I alternate carrying between these. Tennessee is very gun friendly.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mk70ss

I alternate carrying between these. Tennessee is very gun friendly.
All very nice... God bless Texas for being gun friendly too... I'm glad I don't reside in a state that isn't.

To answer pastywhiteboy (great question btw), I love having them for a couple reasons. I am not sure how much exposure you have had to guns growing up or as an adult, but in my eyes they are tools, plain and simple, much like a hammer is to a carpenter or a skillet is to a chef. They do not pose an air of danger in my mind, I am more afraid of people and the terrible things we are capable of with/without a gun, as many people seek to harm others. While a gun can be used to kill someone, so can a baseball bat or a skillet when used to inflict blunt force trauma.

My Marlin 336 in WIN 30-30 (lever gun) is a tool used to provide sustenance when hunting. My handguns are tools for target practice and for self defense. While one is a practical reason (SD), I enjoy the target time at the range. It is fun, atleast to me, to put holes in paper. Who'd-a-thunkit?

Don
Old 01-08-2012, 09:04 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pastywhiteboy
i got a random question
what do you guys do with your guns? you refer to them as toys and they seem to bring you fun but all i can see when i look at them is self-defense and danger
Don was spot on. A gun is no different then a hammer or shovel. It serves a purpose and while we might refer to them in conversation with levity, I dont know of any of my friends or family (goes without saying I do too!) who do not view them with a great deal of respect. I used to shoot when I was young and in fact, loved it so much I tried out for SEALS in '89, but got my a-- whooped in the first round. I have the utmost respect for those warriors. I have 2 friends who are ex SpecOps and many ex-mil friends too. When I left the Navy, I had a lot of anger issues and left shooting behind. About 2 years ago, a guy claiming to be a cop pulled my wife over and luckily I was in a training class close to her. I got down to her location but the guy had taken off on his crotch rocket and eluded my attempts to find him. It was at that point I decided that depending on a hammer or a shovel for self defense wasnt going to work and I felt like I had overcome my anger issues. So that's why I got back into shooting and I love it more than ever. It is a hobby as well...and its' definitely enjoyable...but if someone threatens my family or our well being, I refuse to stand idly by and let that ever occur again. I will not hesitate to do what needs to be done. And if Im not carrying, believe me that I wouldnt hesitate to use anything at my disposal for self defense including my car. This isnt high school any more gentlemen and Im too old to play games like that.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pastywhiteboy
i got a random question
Cowboy Action Shooting! That's where my handle comes from

Old 01-08-2012, 10:07 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by robs
It's the People's Republic of Chicago... CCW isn't strict. It's banded. We're the ONLY state in the union where you don't have some form of carry.
So true. It's really only a debate because of Chicago, the rest of the state would favor some form of carry law that allowed carrying.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:57 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by robs
California does not allow a form of carry for any non LEO (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
California does not allow a form of carry for any non LEO (correct me if I'm wrong)
http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/

California "may issue" a CCW. See link... Wisconsin has now permitted CCW. Illinois is the ONLY state where it's not allowed.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:43 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

And of course, CA does allow open carry but there's some rules about it...

Quick Reply: Holster in the stang