Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual tranny shortage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Zerbe

Default Manual tranny shortage?

So I called the dealer today to change my color from black to vista blue and also check to see if it got picked up for the new build cycle when I was informed it would be further delayed because ford is short on manual transmissions. Has anyone else heard this or is he blowing smoke up my ***?
Old 09-12-2005, 11:20 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Manual tranny shortage?

im probably thinking that he is just blowing smoke up your ***. they are just making that excuse because their backed up on production and want a somewhat "logical" excuse
Old 09-13-2005, 12:53 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

look over in blueovalforums.com, at the ford employees/2006 orders- ask Kzinti to check your vin, he will tell you where its at. He did post a week ago low-on-hand items that were possibly causing delays- cant remember for sure, but definitely 5 speed manuals for the GT, also one type wheel, and I think a security system or something. I was(still) worried to, also ordered stick. just got my vin friday, ERL phone lady says 10/3 build week- hoping its that or sooner.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:31 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

The real deal here people? The Flat Rock (or is it Dearborne) plant that makes our Mustangs has an absentee rate of about 25-40% on any given day. The problem is the MOA (modern operating agreement) that the plant has. It makes those poor union people actually WORK. And since alot of the new employees are transfers from other plants that did not have MOA's, they hate working at this plant, it's to much like work, lol.

My MIL works at the plant, has since it made the Mazda 6 series. Only the employees who have been there the whole time actually show up for work, all the transplants are in medical, FMLA, whatever, but they just don't come to work. That's what is REALLY causing the delays.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 AM
old tsteffes
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: STANMAN
The real deal here people? The Flat Rock (or is it Dearborne) plant that makes our Mustangs has an absentee rate of about 25-40% on any given day. The problem is the MOA (modern operating agreement) that the plant has. It makes those poor union people actually WORK. And since alot of the new employees are transfers from other plants that did not have MOA's, they hate working at this plant, it's to much like work, lol.

My MIL works at the plant, has since it made the Mazda 6 series. Only the employees who have been there the whole time actually show up for work, all the transplants are in medical, FMLA, whatever, but they just don't come to work. That's what is REALLY causing the delays.
That is freaking sad. They make them work? The horror! The horror!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:11 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Hey doobs - do I see a Ferrari (348 or something newer) hidden in that 3rd bay of your pic?!?! If so, sure would like to see some pics of that baby - even though this IS a Mustang forum
Old 09-15-2005, 01:43 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: STANMAN

That's pathetic ![:@]
Old 09-15-2005, 04:47 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

The following came from Kzinti at Blue Oval Forums... Looks like more than 1 product is causing delays

The following are Medium Alert, meaning that they are still coming through, but any mess up in supply chain may mean difficulty getting those orders out.

MUSTANG (2006)
MED 18" Wheel (64E) U.S/CDN
MED GT Manual Transmission (99H, 44K) U.S/CDN
MED Total GT (99H) U.S/CDN
MED Anti-Theft System U.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

............... just got my vin friday, ERL phone lady says 10/3 build week- hoping its that or sooner.

Build Buddies!(see Sig) sequence 133998 is my lucky #

Dealer is blowing smoke I would say, its not a shortage just yet.
"Medium Alert, meaning that they are still coming through, but any mess up in supply chain may mean difficulty getting those orders out."
Old 09-15-2005, 06:19 PM
mffarrell

Build Buddies!(see Sig) sequence 133998 is my lucky #

What is sequence 133998 ?

Quick Reply: Manual tranny shortage?