Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 2007 Ford Mustang Premium..

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

The 05 engine is ideal for Supercharging because of the low compression. There are people in the forums that have been driving hard for 7 years now with lots of boost and well above 500 HP with no issues. It's a great car, Erik
Old 01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
CBstangz

oh, so the water leak is not a heater core problem? so if it ever happened to my car, how much is it to fix/replace?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CBstangz
Hey everyone I'm brand new here being a new Mustang owner. So I was doing research and found the Mustangs to be good, so yesterday I bought an 07 Mustang with 48K miles, leather seats, shaker system, sirius radio. I really like it, but today I was reading reviews and found that a few people have issues with suspension, car shutting off, gas tank fueling, super low gas mileage and battery. Now I'm kinda worried as I dont want to be driving and have my car shut off randomly. I did notice that so far Im getting like 13 mpg (ive only driven in the city so far though). I dont notice any electrical issues, but I do hear a chirping sound (maybe a belt?)

Carfax looked fine, it did say "battery replaced" around 29K, and a fuse was replaced too. Other than that it had no issues.

Do any of you know if certain models or certain VINs had the issues I listed?
By the 07 model year most of the kinks were out, Never had any trouble with my 07 at all. CONGRATS on your purchase!!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:38 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CBstangz
oh, so the water leak is not a heater core problem? so if it ever happened to my car, how much is it to fix/replace?
Water leak is a floor plug and body seam, now that the leak source is known it is not a major repair as long as you don't get the dreaded electrical problems first!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I doesn't cost anything to clean the plugs.
The main problem is replacing the electrical if something happens, or replacing the carpet if it starts to stink.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
CBstangz

Ok cool. The more I drive, the better the gas mileage is getting; when i was test driving it around yesterday it was at "12.8 mpg", now this evening it was at "13.9 mpg". Im guessing because it was sitting at the dealership for awhile? Also curious about the chirping sound i hear; do u think it would be a belt, or maybe the rotors?
Old 01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Can you tell where the sound is coming from?
Oh and you can reset your MPGs that way the hard driving from test drives won't affect your numbers.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 PM
CBstangz

im very mechanically UNinclined, but i'd say the sound is coming from the front. It also feels like it might need new brake pads, because I can hear a humming sound when I brake. But other than that: steering is amazing, it growls like a V8 even though its a V6 lol, nice leather, nice Shaker sound, shifts gears great. I dont foresee any major issues with it anytime soon, so anything would probably be minor. And when the dealer washed it, they did a sh!tty job (the car color is Black, so ill have to wax it good).
Old 01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! And welcome to your other Part-time job, keeping your Black Mustang Clean and great looking. There are LOTS of great products and tips here on the forums on how to keep your Black Mustang clean. Enjoy it! Drive it!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

The only problem I had with my '07 GT was the passenger side rear brake caliper spring/clip come loose and tear up that brake. it was a fluke issue. Otherwise, no issues. I would recommend an '07 GT to anyone.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2007 Ford Mustang Premium..