Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a 2006 stage 3 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM
blackbandit

Default What's a 2006 stage 3 worth?

Hey all,
I'm new to your forum. I'm actually a turbo Buick guy but recently I acquired a Yellow 2006 Roush stage 3 with light front end damage. There is 33K on the clock. I would guess the a body shop would be able to fix it for 5k tops. That's a pretty generous estimate. Anyway, the carfax is clean and I'm trying to decide whether I should do one of three things.

1.)Fix it and sell it.
2.)Sell it as is.
3.)Part it out.

My question is (assuming my body shop estimate is correct) what could I expect to get out of it in any of those three scenarios? Just not sure what these things are worth I know that the ebay/autotrader prices don't always reflect market value. Just looking for some input from guys that know these cars. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:34 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by blackbandit
Just looking for some input from guys that know these cars. Thanks.
Try the below forum also. It's Roush specific and alot of solid information there.

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/forum.php
Old 01-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

I think a big part of the answer lies in what you paid for it.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
blackbandit

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
blackbandit

Originally Posted by Flat out
I think a big part of the answer lies in what you paid for it.
Negative. I figure it's worth what it's worth.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

^ He's just trying to figure out what the best option for you to take might be. It would possibly be in your best interest to fix and sell but could not be worth it depending on what you paid for it. If you'd like advice you might want to try not being a douche
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 PM
blackbandit

Originally Posted by bakerjd
^ He's just trying to figure out what the best option for you to take might be. It would possibly be in your best interest to fix and sell but could not be worth it depending on what you paid for it. If you'd like advice you might want to try not being a douche
Thanks,
Wasn't trying to be a douche. Sounded to me like he was implying that what I paid would dictate what it's worth and I don't understand how what I paid would effect the value. After re-reading it I can see how my first post could be read as a question on how to get the most out of it. Not trying to be a ***** and sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by blackbandit
Thanks,
Wasn't trying to be a douche. Sounded to me like he was implying that what I paid would dictate what it's worth and I don't understand how what I paid would effect the value. After re-reading it I can see how my first post could be read as a question on how to get the most out of it. Not trying to be a ***** and sorry if I offended anyone.
I wasn't trying to imply anything, but i still think what you paid for a damaged car is going to have some effect on what your best option is, I've seen a few of these deals in my time, and not too many turned out very favorable. If you bought cheap, and didn't underestimate the repair costs, and you have lots of free time on your hands you just might come out smellin' like a rose.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:10 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

There are plenty of options for after market upgrades or replacement parts that I'm sure will be cheaper than replacing some of those parts. Either way I'm sure you'll come out ahead. That particular car has some pretty nice option that I'm sure you love. Seems to me your Buick GN and will like the ride s197 with the boost option. I'd say fix and drive or part out considering the new 5.0 Good luck!

Last edited by loots06; 01-15-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Silver_Stang_05
1st Gear Member

Just curious, why not fix it and keep it? I bought mine cause it was a steal and I could turn around sell it, make a few grand. But after a week of driving her I decided to keep her

Quick Reply: What's a 2006 stage 3 worth?