Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat skins before and after pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Dude those covers look great. For that price I might have to subject myself to the hog ring torture too.

Anybody know the difference between the gt500 and GT seat covers?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:37 AM
nyc-10
1st Gear Member

nice!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
Eh, I have a set of leathers sitting in my closet, still have not gotten around to installing them yet, but I am definitely NOT looking forward to the front seats haha. Did you separate the front seats in two halves?
No I kept them attached there is no need to seperate them in two.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:13 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Looks very nice! It's going to hurt like hell if you get rear ended though lol.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:53 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
thanks for the compliment but please dont put that on me man. I would be so upset if that happened.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:18 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
they are still at the shop going in tomorrow for them to fit the hood on to get the placement for the hood pin holes. once they drill the holes they can start paint. I should have my hood and bumper in a week or so but I probably wont install them until march or april. I wanna wait until winter and the salt on the roads are long gone before puttig them on.
That is the right thing to do for sure, that salt is killer. Hope everything works great for you and no fitment issues arise, once drills get out, there is no turning back haha.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:07 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
That's what I thought originally myself bro. Not tryin to "hate" on your idea, but really do you think it wise to customize a safety restraint on a vehicle for appearance sake?
Also let me ask a silly question...how are they going to be attached?
If your answer is adhesive, you might want to imagine a nice WV summer day in august and what that adhesive is going to do when it gets hot...not gonna be so sticky and probably make a mess in your seat.
Hey its your ride and you gotta do what ya gotta do...I ain't hatin bro, just statin. Personally I think the covers look awesome and don't need a thing!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Dude those covers look great. For that price I might have to subject myself to the hog ring torture too.

Anybody know the difference between the gt500 and GT seat covers?
The GT500 covers are just nicer.
They have alcentara on the sides, some of them have stripes, and they all have an embossed Cobra on the seat. They are pretty awesome looking, IMO.
I would have gotten them, but I couldn't justify the $150+ price difference.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 AM
CruizinConceptsJohn
Former Sponsor

Nice seats! I like them.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
That's what I thought originally myself bro. Not tryin to "hate" on your idea, but really do you think it wise to customize a safety restraint on a vehicle for appearance sake?
Also let me ask a silly question...how are they going to be attached?
If your answer is adhesive, you might want to imagine a nice WV summer day in august and what that adhesive is going to do when it gets hot...not gonna be so sticky and probably make a mess in your seat.
Hey its your ride and you gotta do what ya gotta do...I ain't hatin bro, just statin. Personally I think the covers look awesome and don't need a thing!
Adhesive never even crossed my mind I know better. There are 4 posts on the back of the emblem I broke the 2 on the sides off with needlenose plyers I went ahead and put the leather skin on measured and centered where I wanted the emblem on the headrest then i pushed down firmly to mark the leather where the posts are. removed the emblem and poked very small holes for the posts in the leather with a gouging tool that came with my screwdriver set. then I took an old Nintendo game case the old school ones and cut it into a rectangle just a little smaller than the the tribar part of the emblem. I took the emblem and pushed down on the plastic to mark it then took the gouging tool and poked very tiny holes through the plastic you want to make sure the holes are smaller than the post on the emblem so when you slide the plastic onto the post it will have to expand a little so it will grip tightly around the post. I then placed the emblem on the headrest pushed the posts through the tiny holes in the leather and then from the inside of the headrest skin attached the plastic tabs I made pushing them flush against the inside lining of the skin. I put two tabs on each headrest to be on the safe side. clipped the fastener at the bottom of the headrest and reattached the headrest to the seat. It sounds a little complicated but it was actually easy to do and the emblems are on there tight dont have to worry about them falling off.

Quick Reply: New seat skins before and after pics