Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need anything else?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:00 PM
JimC

That is the set up I bought too - but I only put the rear springs on because I wanted to level the stance and not drop the front.
Here is the stock stance:

I'm not sure why that one comes out so much smaller, here is a different one but not the same spot

edit: well looks like the stock pictures are small for some reason

And with the FRPP springs from the CDC kit, rear only:

I had the Roush rear springs on for awhile, I think that they dropped a little more
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM
JimC

Here is a comparison of the rear springs themselves, static obviously

Stock -- FRPP --- Roush
Old 01-20-2012, 10:30 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Here is a comparison of the rear springs themselves, static obviously
Stock -- FRPP --- Roush
Wow, thanks Jim. The FRPP doesn't look that much different than stock! Do you know if Steeda or Roush has a complete kit? Great pictures BTW, just what I needed to see.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

the FRPP one actually dropped my front by about .75"..Becoz I have a roush from bumper, .75" will make paint on bumper staying longer.lol.....it really depends on what you are looking to do..both steeda and roush have track pack and drag pack..
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM
JimC

I should get an updated picture because I think that the FRPP have settled a little bit. That picture looks like it has more gap on top of the rear tire from what I see walking up to the car now.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 AM
SoCalGT08

Originally Posted by JB04GT
Thanks Roy! I see you are right down the road from me, I'm in Temecula. Are the shocks a must or just something recommended? I also can't do it myself as I have no tools and not sure if this brand new complex would let me in this garage. I don't understand now why they would tell me that! Oh boy......................

Your ride looks awesome, wish I could do it myself. They are charging me $200 for the install. I think there labor is $90 an hour.

Hey JB...I'm in Temecula also.......let us know how that shop works out....in need of some upgrades myself........
Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SoCalGT08
Hey JB...I'm in Temecula also.......let us know how that shop works out....in need of some upgrades myself........
The shop is actually really good. I've been going there for about 5 years now. They did all the work on my 2004. Supercharger, suspension, and exhaust. I'm just surprised now that they would tell me springs only. Maybe they were to busy, as they were getting a car ready for SEMA when I drove in and had them quote me. By the way, im in the Harveston area of Temecula, by the lake.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:17 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

An update folks! I think I may change my plans on what I want to do with the car. In 2011 I only worked for 5 months, injured my back, and have been on worker comp since June 2011. Well, went to do my taxes today and found out that workers comp is not taxable and the $30,000 I made in 5 months was the only thing taxable. Well to my surprise, the computer came up with a refund of $7800 federal and $800 state. I almost kissed the lady(she was cute) but my wife and daughter would have slapped me. Now the decisions! Pay some credit card debt or get some real work done on this car! Oh the stress!

P.S. I need to spend this before my wife wants a new bag. Hint, her bags usually have LV logos on it.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:40 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

JB04GT,

Those backs can be a tricky thing, just take the rest and hopefully you will get back to 100% (speaking from experience).

What are your goals for the car? We have many packages that we can put together but first we would need to understand what is your ultimate goal? Reading from what you have posted Springs are a definate purchase.

PM me wtih some info and we can look at different set ups. You can ultimately decide what is right for you.

Hope all is well.

Thanks

TJ