Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subs

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Default Subs

I've been highly disappointed by my speakers since day 1. Not too long ago I got a pair of Pioneer Speakers up front but my bass is almost embarassing. I only have the 4 base speakers (none on the bottom of doors). The rear gives this crappy rattle if its turned up too much and I'm looking for something new and awesome.

I was thinking about a sub to put in the trunk, or should i get really good rear speakers?

I'm looking for something that can play (this is just an example I think of) On my Level by Wiz khalifa really good. I don't care what you think about this song its just an example because of its bass. Also if I get a sub I want one that fits the corner of the trunk.

If I should get speakers or a sub which one and why, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited by markkk; 02-07-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I have the Shaker 1000 set-up in my 06 which was okay for a factory deal, but I decided to install a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD. Really woke the system up. I didn't notice much change in the upper or mid ranges (although I may just be tone-deaf), but the bass got much deeper. Trunk subs pound now. I used to wonder if those little door subs were even working, but now they feel like fans from moving all the air

As far as sub, you may like this:
http://www.jlaudio.com/category/5421...0945.0/Mustang
Old 02-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Agreed my door subs feel so much more alive with aftermarket headunit in.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Speakers alone will never hit the low notes in "On My Level." I'd just go for a decent sub. Shaker 1000 hits all the notes in that song, so I'm sure any aftermarket 10" or above that is of decent quality can pull it off.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I vote for sub(s) in the trunk and upgrading the rear speakers if they are blown which it sounds like they are if they're rattling.
Another option would be to fit a good pair of 6x9's (I think they will fit) in the rear deck and add an amp to them.

It really depends on what you want out of the system. Do you want it to rattle your neighbors house or just sound better than stock.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:36 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I upgraded speakers and added some Thump in the Trunk. I am happy. Wish Ford had put an equilizer in their Shaker systems instead of just Bass/ Treble ...
Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

i replaced my shaker 500 with a sony hu, (PAC interface unit to make it work like oem operation), pioneer 3 ways in doors and rear and replaced door subs with kicker/shelby 8" oem fit subs. Replaced oem sub amps with a 200 watt 2 channel mounted under seat.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I was mainly thinking about putting some subs in my trunk, JL audio looks nice but i looking to spend somewhere around 300 dollars max. I don't think my back speakers are blown because they only rattle at very low bass moments. I basically want subs that are really smooth, but im not looking to buy the best subs out there. Possibly a sub box but itd be nice if I could fit them in the corners of my trunk
Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

heres a few i picked randomly online

http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...html?aff=72182

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...ice_Comparison

or some jl audio single sub

tell me the best quality, smoothness, and price

Last edited by markkk; 02-09-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

To hit all the lows in that song, you would need subs. 10's have a tighter bass than 12's, if you listen to rap mostly, I would go with 12's.

From what I have noticed from listening to different systems, you don't need subs that require a lot of wattage in order to rattle windows of buildings. You just need two subs that are run close to their peak wattage and they will blow you away. One may even work for you, it just depends.

Some trusted online sites for car audio that you may want to check out with low prices are www.woofersetc.com and www.crutchfield.com. I would recommend, Rockford Fosgate, Polk Audio, JL, Alpine or Kenwood for subs.

Quick Reply: Subs