Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Those in favor of raffle?
Yes
75.00%
No
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Idea? (Vendors read!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default Idea? (Vendors read!)

Originally Posted by mayo
Looks like you found your body guys. Very nice work with the seams and blend...congrads man!
I will personally kick in $5 for the antenna fund
Haha, Pulled Mayo's post from another thread.

This got me thinking... wondering how many people would be interested in doing a small raffle of sorts. Raffles are always fun! $5, proceeds go towards an aftermarket item of ones choosing. Reason why I mentioned vendors is because it's a way to get them involved, perhaps they can organize it! Plus that brings in an unbiased 3rd party. We are a pretty large community, and again it would be a small fee ($5) but.. even if only 20 people do it that's (edit blonde moment. ) $100 towards an aftermarket part.

Just got my thinking cap on today, haven't seen anyone mention something like this before, let me know what you guys think.

(PS, Added a Poll.. )

Last edited by Menace; 02-09-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:45 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
Haha, Pulled Mayo's post from another thread.

This got me thinking... wondering how many people would be interested in doing a small raffle of sorts. Raffles are always fun! $5, proceeds go towards an aftermarket item of ones choosing. Reason why I mentioned vendors is because it's a way to get them involved, perhaps they can organize it! Plus that brings in an unbiased 3rd party. We are a pretty large community, and again it would be a small fee ($5) but.. even if only 20 people do it that's $400 towards an aftermarket part.

Just got my thinking cap on today, haven't seen anyone mention something like this before, let me know what you guys think.
Believe your math is off, 20 people @ $5 would be $100 total

But in any case I do support your suggestion, I'd be willing to throw in $5 or $10 just for the hell of it, and I'm sure many others would too. I second the idea
Old 02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Haha, my bad. Not sure what I was thinking, blame it on the early morning post! Thanks for the correction and the support. I'd say like 1 entry per person... depending on how many people it gets and how supportive people are to the idea it can be bumped up to say $10.. and add in a 1st or 2nd or 3rd place raffles. I dunno, that's the idea of having some brain storming so we can make it fun. It would be nice if a vendor, again, could take hold of this idea. That way we can all buy a raffle ticket securely from their site, and have them do the drawings, etc. Could even go as far as making it a gift certificate to be used in the store. Prosperous for them because they are getting the business, and we get goodies.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I'm not one for raffles or gambling myself.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Oh well, idea didn't really get the support I was hoping for. Thought it would be an interesting event for the forums.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Im sure u could get something done like a raffle but realize it would be something that u would have to grab by the horns and take off with it. It would be somewhat tough to do on the forums b/c most info would have to be handled by email and transfering of money would have to be a trusted member of the community. I like the idea and would buy some tickets
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

What's wrong with this idea? And this is hardly gambling. As long as we're not plopping down $100 each and keep it at a $10 maximum, then it would be fun! And I'm sure vendors would look at this as an excellent idea as I don't see anything wrong with it. And we're not going to be mailing in 5 bucks... are we saying we can't use Paypal? Easy as cake.

I think it's an excellent idea! Winner has to post pictures of what they bought with their winnings.

And if you can't afford to throw down 10 dollars on something that could land you a big prize, then what are you doing having an expensive hobby in car modding?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:37 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

That is an interesting idea but I think a raffle should only be in a smaller group/area with everyone present...not exactly stretching across the states.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

dollar amount doesn't matter, it's still a gamble. you're putting in 5-10$ in hopes of winning something much larger.

cool idea in theory, someones going to score big, and a lot of people enjoy it.. its just not for me. hardly a large loss for those who don't win.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Haha, I might work on this idea some more... I just wanted to get some support before I did anything. Also, as outceltj mentioned, people would have to trust in the idea (Hence, why I mentioned the vendors) because that withdraws me from suspicion. I'm as honest as they come but here we are on the internet so no one can be trusted. lol. Paypal would be used to transfer, obviously. Was thinking about investing in some tickets and find one of those nifty raffle wheel spinner thingmajiggers... I don't mind making the investment for this stuff cause again, it would be a fun idea for us. A monthly drawing. I think $5 would be easier for people to fork over then $10 (especially if it was a monthly thing) but then again.. $5-10 is like a trip to BK, or a pack of cigarettes for most, etc... so I'm sure anyone on these forums could afford it if they really wanted to. Entaille, the support is appreciated regardless. Gambling, Lottery, Raffle, whatever you want to call it. The chances of winning would be pretty decent odds. 1 in 50? Maybe more if we were able to spread it to the other sections of the forums.

If I had to do it myself, the way I'd see it going down was everyone would be buying one ticket only. $5-10, not sure (again depending on what people are willing to do) I dunno if I'd have to set up some kind of ebay auction to buy the "tickets" or just have them send to a paypal account. Tickets would have their username written across both tickets, would even go as far as taking a picture/emailing the person of their ticket so they know their # as well... Start at the beginning of the month and wait until the end of the month to do the raffle. Have some kind of webcam broadcast, where would individually separate the tickets live and put them into the spinner... then have a random unbiased person select the winning ticket. That person, would then have all the proceeds transferred to their account. Only problem with that is I don't know where to go to do a webcam broadcasting or anything like that at. lol.

Quick Reply: Idea? (Vendors read!)