Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GT500 Super Snake (detail pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 01:52 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
Straight up super car...

Would you rather have a Ford GT or this beast? I know, apples and oranges, but still
GT any day. The super snake doesn't put power to the ground anywhere near as well as the GT. With the snake you get a cloud of smoke, with the GT you have a rocket ship.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:57 PM
tomkay
1st Gear Member

+1 for Ford GT, as nice as the SS is the GT is the better all around car.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:10 PM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

The car is beautiful but for $100K I would take a Nissan GTR and keep the change!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
rons1961

Originally Posted by albino_coyote
I went to the World of Wheels in Birmingham yesterday and saw this super snake. Ford and mustang was well represented this year.

I hope you enjoy these photos.

Traveling back from CO and googled Birmingham World of Wheels Super Snake pics and your forum popped up, so I joined the forum - interesting, as the very first pictures that I saw were of my Super Snake, CSM11SS**64!! Your pictures are amazing, I am very impressed with your work. In addition, I understand from another post in this string indicates a problem with 'hook-up' to the ground - I drive this car nearly every weekend and can assure you that there is absolutely no problem with hook-up. Good drivers minimize the 'smoke' and maximize the 'go'. The constantly increasing force of being pushed back into your seat is as one of my engineering managers describes it - it is the feeling most near the force felt when accelerating while riding a super bike! Glad you enjoyed seeing the car...I am blessed to be able to share it with others.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM
rons1961

I guess I will have to arrange for my neighbor and I to 'line 'em up', if you guys are interested. My neighbor in Chattanooga owns a red GT and we have driven each other's cars - we both have the greatest respect for each other's vehicles. If and when we run them, I will definitely 'GoPro' the entire episode, should be fun!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rons1961
I guess I will have to arrange for my neighbor and I to 'line 'em up', if you guys are interested. My neighbor in Chattanooga owns a red GT and we have driven each other's cars - we both have the greatest respect for each other's vehicles. If and when we run them, I will definitely 'GoPro' the entire episode, should be fun!
That would be incredible!

Welcome to the forum
Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 PM
rons1961

Traveling back from CO and googled Birmingham World of Wheels Super Snake pics and your forum popped up, so I joined the forum - interesting, as the very first pictures that I saw were of my Super Snake, CSM11SS**64!! Your pictures are amazing, I am very impressed with your work. In addition, I understand from another post in this string indicates a problem with 'hook-up' to the ground - I drive this car nearly every weekend and can assure you that there is absolutely no problem with hook-up. Good drivers minimize the 'smoke' and maximize the 'go'. The constantly increasing force of being pushed back into your seat is as one of my engineering managers describes it - it is the feeling most near the force felt when accelerating while riding a super bike! Glad you enjoyed seeing the car...I am blessed to be able to share it with others.
My brother and friends are working the Birmingham show for me, as I understand it is a great show, lots of great cars and Mustangs!!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:20 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jcieutat
The car is beautiful but for $100K I would take a Nissan GTR and keep the change!
You must be a woman.

Love the snake! Absolute monster of a car. Wish I could have made it to the show this year, damn reports!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
This guy
2nd Gear Member

That SS is amazing you are one lucky man...
Old 02-12-2012, 09:46 PM
albino_coyote
1st Gear Member

Traveling back from CO and googled Birmingham World of Wheels Super Snake pics and your forum popped up, so I joined the forum - interesting, as the very first pictures that I saw were of my Super Snake, CSM11SS**64!! Your pictures are amazing, I am very impressed with your work.
You are very cordial for the compliments, and I thank you. However I must say I am a complete amateur at photography, the camera is a sony alpha nex-5 and this was my first time shooting a car show.

Being around the car hobby since hot wheels and santa claus, I've grown to appreciate cars as art in motion. I got the camera to help me try to bring the car hobby out in a different way for me. I really enjoyed taking a look at the details of your super snake. I was particularly impressed with the carbon fiber fascia and side skirts, along with the air management behind the rear wheels.

Thanks for bringing this car down to Birmingham....and definitely post pictures of your car and your neighbors when you can, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say it would be a pleasure to see.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 Super Snake (detail pics)