Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My $33K Paper Weight...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
YellowBlaze

Originally Posted by surfbum7190
man, i feel for you. before i had my first mustang, i drove an 05 escape i bought off my sister. thing was in and out of the dealership for a major engine problem, and then a tranny problem. Finally the dealership got in touch with ford told them they had a lemon and ford gave me all the money the car was paid for ($25,000) toward a brand new ford. the car was also 2.5 years old. anyway it worked out in my favor. ford would much rather buy the car from you then have a car reported as a lemon

wow, my car is only 7 months old... hopefully there is a good resolution in the future.. I gave all my info to Noemi.. today marks I believe 31 days cumulative in service!!... Really a bad feeling not being able to drive it... Has anyone ever come close to this? exceeded this? Could they just keep my car in perpetuity? I know they are trying to fix the issues.. but telling me they don't know what's wrong is not encouraging.. they said they are relying on the the Ford mechanics in Detroit to lead them... I will say exactly what my concerns were to Noemi... how can they guarantee the integrity of that car and more importantly my safety when the mechanics are 2000 miles away..

31 total days out of commission.. 16 days the first time.. now another 15 days so far this second time..

Your message is encouraging though.. hoping Ford makes things go right with this... I actually have faith in the company myself.. still willing to support them..
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by YellowBlaze
I actually have faith in the company myself.
I don't have faith in the company itself. When my rpm suddenly went from 600 rpm to 6000 rpm with my foot on the brake pedal, Ford told the dealer I must have also had my foot on the gas pedal. I did not. Ford Customer Service was useless. Good luck to you.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:10 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by SprintGeek
I should have been more active posting about my convertible top when i was trying...
Hi SpringGeek,

You reached out to me before I can reach out to you.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do from my end.

Originally Posted by YellowBlaze
wow, my car is only 7 months old... hopefully there is a good resolution in the future.. I gave all my info to Noemi..
31 total days out of commission.. 16 days the first time.. now another 15 days so far this second time..
....hoping Ford makes things go right with this... I actually have faith in the company myself.. still willing to support them..
Hi Yellowblaze,

We'll work on this concern for you. Please keep me posted on the dealer visit.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Any updates on this? I'm curious about the outcome. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Hope he gets it fixed, love Yellow Blaze. Not a common color either.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

Hope this all gets worked out!!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
YellowBlaze

Sorry for lagging guys, but I really had nothing new to report til today. Just got my car back today with a final assessment of "unable to pinpoint concern at this time"... There was nothing more they can try. For those of you who are interested I will provide the process of elimination they did which covers the last 28 days in service... I found it really interesting how they went about troubleshooting. When the certified mechanics were stumped, they issued out a Ford Service Engineer for his insight several times to provide further guidance....They did return it to drivable condition. The 4 mile drive from the dealership home seemed okay, but I surely did not push it. For those of you who are not interested just skip this lengthy part:
__________________________________________________ ____

(keep in mind this is post long block replacement)

these are the notes as provided to me on the invoice
ck eng light coming on again
customer states RPMS coming up normal but with high loss of power
also Tach fluctuates at idle
Verify Engine Light Scan for DTC's
Bank 1 lean Bank 2 VCT Cam CKT Fault
Monitor PIDS Verify Lean concern. Contact Hotline for VCT
Load test CKT and per Hotline Pass
Replaced VCT solenoid, Swap MAF from Like Unit, Fuel Trims Normal
Install New MAF, Reset KAM RD-Test 162-165ms.
Replaced UEGO sensors per hotline RECCS
Fuel Trims still Intermittent High above 20
Load test PCM powers and grounds all pass, Update Hotline
Recomend to replace #1 injector and Reflow Test. R&R #1,
Reflow test pass 139-145ms. Fuel Trims Still High.
Need to replace PCM per hotline. Replaced PCM and Reprogram
RD-TEST, Concern Still Present ...
Contact Hotline for Tech Assist.. FSE (Ford Service Engineer i think) Dispatched
Monitored PIDS and compared PIDs to a like unit
Perform INJ flow test on like unit, Verify Fuel running on good fuel source.. (always 91 OCT!)
No change in TRIMS. Removed intake and inspected with the Ford Service Engineer, OK
Replaced remaining 3 Injectors in bank 1. Retest, Fuel Trims still high
Reprogram PCM with Built Data, Test EPB Pass less than 2 PSI.
Remove crossover pipe (my x pipe??).. RETEST.. No effect on TRIMS.
Per FSE, tear down removed front cover and valve covers. Verify Timing is Correct
Verify Correct camshafts are installed
Reassemble Engine
UNABLE TO PINPOINT CONCERN AT THIS TIME
__________________________________________________ __

So there is a process in motion now. My post led Noemi to contact me to ask for my info (nice job Noemi).. from there a customer service regional rep for the Phoenix area contacted me. His job was to familiarize himself with the case, call the dealership to ensure things are going as fast as they could.. Nice guy. The first call ensured me everyone was doing what they can and they were waiting for the PCM to come in. A week later after I had found out the PCM did not fix the issues, I requested to him to set forth in motion an official Ford buyback based on the 30 days in service Lemon Laws (it was 44 days in service for me total 16 for the blown engine long block replacement and another 28 for the mystery issues).. Seemed crying "Lemon" sort of triggered something because there was no hesitation on his part to set forth the motion for this. Last friday he confirmed Ford will be granting my request. I had mentioned the customer service regional rep I would like a 2013 credited to me as replacement and he said it shouldn't be a problem.. I am not sure it will be so easy myself. He was kind of vague on the next step. I am not sure if there is some sort of arbitration or something like that? Has anyone been through this? I have the choice to get a replacement or have Ford purchase it back at 100% minus a calculated depreciation { (cost x mileage at first sign of problems)/120,000 }... So I am waiting for them to contact me to give me my true options. I will keep you updated... I am sort of sad I am losing my car. It was built on my specs and only exists because I was willing to wait the 5 or 6 weeks for it. But I guess I will have to move on....
I will keep you guys updated with what comes next... I appreciate all your concerns and good wishes.. It has made this ordeal survivable.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:28 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

That sucks! I'd be really upset to be losing a YB car. No other color can compare. I would make Ford search the country and find you one. There are 19 on cars.com.

Last edited by dmhines; 03-13-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

I agree with DH...but make them do a one-off yellow blaze for your 2013.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 PM
YellowBlaze

Originally Posted by mustang0672
I agree with DH...but make them do a one-off yellow blaze for your 2013.
LOL.. would be something.. but realistically on my original order I asked for anything other than a black interior (really hot sometimes in az).. their response was I have to buy a fleet of them like Enterprise would... so my chances are nil on anything like a custom YB. If the 2013 actually comes to fruition as was suggested (I have not had confirmation on this) I looked up the available colors and saw YB wasn't available, I looked then to my second choice hoping that the elusive Lava Red would be making a long awaited return..... nope... having paid for a premium color I want my money's worth so found the Gotta Have It Green as the replacement. maybe with stripes, a possibility, but the Deep Impact Blue as a standard color I really like better.. with silver racing stripes I think would be killer... but I am getting ahead of myself.. they are supposed to contact me this week about what to do next.. we'll see what happens.

Quick Reply: My $33K Paper Weight...