Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaking Wheel after lowering.. Ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 AM
mustanger7

Default Squeaking Wheel after lowering.. Ideas??

So I've had my new 2012 5.0 for almost two months now (1,800 miles) and just installed Ford Racing K springs along with Maximum Motorsports C/C plates at the beginning of this month (so only on about a month).

Over the weekend I started hearing a high pitch squeaking noise from the driver side rear wheel, but the odd thing is it only squeaks when turning left, no squeak at all when turning right.

I am awaiting an email repsonse from the shop that installed the springs to see what they recommend. Hopefully something just came a little loose and just needs tighten or some re-greasing. If the springs have caused the squeaking, I will re-install the factory springs and take to dealership for warranty work. (As I have heard this is the smartest and most effective way to get warranty work done when aftermarket parts have been installed... even though they are a ford product.. dumb)

Any Ideas on what this squeaking could be? Anyone run into the same issues after installed springs?? I have have had two others that have had Eibach Pro kit and no issues at all... I was hesitant going to FRPP, but I figured it would be best on brand new since it was a ford product and would retain factory warranty.. but that is not the case.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustanger7
So I've had my new 2012 5.0 for almost two months now (1,800 miles) and just installed Ford Racing K springs along with Maximum Motorsports C/C plates at the beginning of this month (so only on about a month).

Over the weekend I started hearing a high pitch squeaking noise from the driver side rear wheel, but the odd thing is it only squeaks when turning left, no squeak at all when turning right.

I am awaiting an email repsonse from the shop that installed the springs to see what they recommend. Hopefully something just came a little loose and just needs tighten or some re-greasing. If the springs have caused the squeaking, I will re-install the factory springs and take to dealership for warranty work. (As I have heard this is the smartest and most effective way to get warranty work done when aftermarket parts have been installed... even though they are a ford product.. dumb)

Any Ideas on what this squeaking could be? Anyone run into the same issues after installed springs?? I have have had two others that have had Eibach Pro kit and no issues at all... I was hesitant going to FRPP, but I figured it would be best on brand new since it was a ford product and would retain factory warranty.. but that is not the case.

Thanks
Could be a few things really... I think your best bet is like you mentioned about contacting the shop that installed them.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 AM
mustanger7

Thanks for the reply.

I'm curious if anyone else has come across this issue.

I've also noticed a slight surging problem after CAI and tune. But that is for a new thread. Which I did not know that once a custom tune is programmed, the computer reads off that a custom tune was downloaded even if stock file re-programmed. Sucks. Never had a new car to worry about warranties. It's always been: If something breaks, replace with aftermarket.

You live and learn.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustanger7
Thanks for the reply.

I'm curious if anyone else has come across this issue.

I've also noticed a slight surging problem after CAI and tune. But that is for a new thread. Which I did not know that once a custom tune is programmed, the computer reads off that a custom tune was downloaded even if stock file re-programmed. Sucks. Never had a new car to worry about warranties. It's always been: If something breaks, replace with aftermarket.

You live and learn.
I don't think that is true as far as the tune goes, well at least I have never heard of that. If you use a custom tune it will flash your ECU with that tune, when you revert the tune to stock it flashes the ECU and that should be the tune the car is reading off of, not the custom one still.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:28 AM
mustanger7

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
I don't think that is true as far as the tune goes, well at least I have never heard of that. If you use a custom tune it will flash your ECU with that tune, when you revert the tune to stock it flashes the ECU and that should be the tune the car is reading off of, not the custom one still.
Well, I'm not 100% on that... But I have just heard/read that even though you may have the stock file currently programmed, if the dealership plugs in theres.. that it shows that a custom file has been programmed before.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Unclenard
1st Gear Member

The thing I've read (for what that is worth, everything you read on the internet is true right?), is that loading the stock file again they can see that there is data only logged for a short time so they can assume a custom program was loaded and then you reloaded the factory one.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
JimC

The 2012 leaves a marker that shows an aftermarket tune was on the car, but it doesn't affect the stock tune once you reflash to stock. It isn't the same as on the 2005-2010 cars where the data would only show that maybe you disconnected the battery.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 PM
mustanger7

Thanks guys..

Figured they would be able to tell somehow.

Anyone know anything about possible FRPP spring issues?

Shoot me in the right direction?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

could it possibly be rubbing when you turn?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
mustanger7

Originally Posted by Lem-06
could it possibly be rubbing when you turn?
I just don't know why it would rub.. It's only when I turn left, and it's the driver side rear tire.. so it would be taken weight off that side.. Lose sway bar maybe? Dry a-arm? It baffles me. I know mustang's are noisy to begin with, but this is loud... and the car is brand new. I woudn't think it'd be brakes or rotors because I would think it would be making the noise when driving in any direction.. and it still makes the noise while braking.

With all that being said, I got a hold of the performance shop that put them in and they said swing by and they will take a look.

I will keep you guys informed of what they find so if anyone comes across this issue in the future, i'll have a possible answer.

Thanks for they replies all!

Quick Reply: Squeaking Wheel after lowering.. Ideas??