Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by USMCSKYLINE
I know getting a dodge is not the answer but I guess since I just got the car and it's already out of action...Here's the car by the way...it looks nice even thought it's not the SRT

Sorry but it looks like it needs to go on a diet. Just looks... pudgy.

Get your Mustang fixed and drive it for a few months and then make your decision.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Silver_Stang_05
1st Gear Member

Wait until you get the car back before making a decision. like others have said it could be better than new. I had an issue with my Roush 8 days after purchase and seriously considered getting rid of it, but I'm glad I didn't! Just recently started mods and love'n it! I would have regretted getting rid of her...
Old 03-01-2012, 12:36 PM
pandastang
1st Gear Member

unless you were going with the srt i would also give that idea thumbs down. Those lower trim models dont beat ur gt. You have a bad a$$ car already I would just wait it out too.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

A whine in 2nd gear between 2k and 3k is not normal. The only whine my transmission makes is in 1st when letting off the gas. Gear whine from the rear axle is usually noticeable while crusing at 60+mph, IME.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Sorry but it looks like it needs to go on a diet. Just looks... pudgy.

Get your Mustang fixed and drive it for a few months and then make your decision.
It's a shame that they couldn't build that car on it's own chassis, instead of using the charger chassis. It has great lines, but it is too big overall. It's a re-skinned charger.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

The one problem with the Dodge is, IIRC, you can't turn off stability control completely, thus eliminating any chance for sliding around corners.

Edit: That's on the Charger chassis? Guess that explains a lot.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 PM
USMCSKYLINE
1st Gear Member

A whine in 2nd gear between 2k and 3k is not normal. The only whine my transmission makes is in 1st when letting off the gas. Gear whine from the rear axle is usually noticeable while crusing at 60+mph, IME.
Oh wow...Im glad is getting fixed. As for getting the challenger, is not about me changing to another "muscle car". I just saw that Challenger and thought it was a good deal. If anything Im starting to like the smooth car ride I get with the loaner Camry I got.

Since this is my first time buying a car from a dealer I just wanted to get a car that was ready to go.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:17 AM
kenv
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pandastang
unless you were going with the srt i would also give that idea thumbs down. Those lower trim models dont beat ur gt. You have a bad a$$ car already I would just wait it out too.
I agree. Even though the Dodge looks nice, its a v6 & compared to your GT when you floor it, you are going to find out REAL quick that you made a mistake trading for it.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by USMCSKYLINE
A few weeks ago I made a thread about my 2010 gt mustang making a "whine" on 2nd gear. I decided to take it to the dealer since it's still under factory warranty. I wanted to get all this done before I started buying upgrades for my car...
My concern is that I just bought the car on the 8th of Feb and it has already been down for a week...
Hi USMCSKYLINE,

Congratulations on the 'Stang.

Taking it to the dealer was a great first step. Let the service department repair the concern and keep me posted on the results.

Have a great weekend!

Noemi
Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by USMCSKYLINE;
I already thought about trading in it in for a Challenger SE that I saw with 9k. Sorry if Im just rambling but I guess I just wanted to vent my problem.

Why trade her in.
Just buy the Challenger for when
the Ford is down for repairs.
Its a win win situation.

BTW, the ESP and such can be turned off completely...

Quick Reply: Should I be worried?