Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So... my 2012 GT (6mt) decided it would go WOT and STAY OPEN while taking off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Won't that erase any data from when it went WOT?...
The PCM isn't an event recorder much beyond the last few moments of driving. The authorities can obtain data from moments before a crash but not hours after an "event".
Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Nuke
The PCM isn't an event recorder much beyond the last few moments of driving. The authorities can obtain data from moments before a crash but not hours after an "event".
Good to know. I wasn't sure.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

*edit*

Last edited by SteedaBrandon; 03-05-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Somehow posted in wrong thread! Sorry! :o
Old 03-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

While my initial reaction is driver error, how wet was the inside of your car? A drop of water could technically connect the circuit between the pedal and the receiver.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:06 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
You are supposed to call 911 and speed through intersections at 100+mph. Eventually ending in a deadly crash.

How dare you use common sense!
Haha! Maybe they made your car at a Toyota plant.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:12 PM
r00st
1st Gear Member

lol tell me how the throttle sticking is driver error????

It is winter here and the ground was wet outside (not raining, just wet). So when I entered my car 3-4 minute prior to this event my shoes were probably damp but not wet by any means. Plus, the throttle pedal hangs down. Unless I jumped in the car and started kicking my feet (which would have to be covered in snow/rain) how would the sensor (which I assume is at the top of the pedal, probably 6-8 inches above my foot) get wet?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 PM
ILVTTS

this has happened to me before. I was getting on it on a small stretch where no one is around, i usually go hard through 2nd and 3rd and stop. well i went to stop and the throttle kept going, even with the clutch pulled in. So i killed it, restarted, and it kept going. It was the rubber mats over the gas peddle. I haven't and will not let that happen again cuz it was pretty scary.

Maybe it was caught and then slipped off? I will say some times while accelerating decently and releasing the gas peddle, it feels like it wants to continue to accelerate and i can swear the rpms keep increasing, but it stops. Don't know if it is just in my head or what. I would def. get it checked out though
Old 03-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by r00st
lol tell me how the throttle sticking is driver error????

It is winter here and the ground was wet outside (not raining, just wet). So when I entered my car 3-4 minute prior to this event my shoes were probably damp but not wet by any means. Plus, the throttle pedal hangs down. Unless I jumped in the car and started kicking my feet (which would have to be covered in snow/rain) how would the sensor (which I assume is at the top of the pedal, probably 6-8 inches above my foot) get wet?
Remember the Audi and Toyota fiascos? Those both boiled down to driver error
Old 03-06-2012, 04:06 PM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ILVTTS
this has happened to me before. I was getting on it on a small stretch where no one is around, i usually go hard through 2nd and 3rd and stop. well i went to stop and the throttle kept going, even with the clutch pulled in. So i killed it, restarted, and it kept going. It was the rubber mats over the gas peddle. I haven't and will not let that happen again cuz it was pretty scary.

Maybe it was caught and then slipped off? I will say some times while accelerating decently and releasing the gas peddle, it feels like it wants to continue to accelerate and i can swear the rpms keep increasing, but it stops. Don't know if it is just in my head or what. I would def. get it checked out though
this has happend to me twice. got in to it pulling into traffic and the floormat shifted under my foot and jammed the pedal. got lucky both times. not saying this is what happend to the OP. just adding my 2 cents.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Revenge of the Phantom foot.

Quick Reply: So... my 2012 GT (6mt) decided it would go WOT and STAY OPEN while taking off!!!