Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Default Multiple Questions

Ok I have a ton of questions to ask. I'm gonna change some things on the my mustang soon and I was wondering how to do it.

Ok, I wanna have dual exhuast, what is all this axle back exhuast stuff exactly? What do I need to buy? I was thinking of getting flowmasters, with that though, do I get rid of the old muflers, and do I need a X or H Pipe installed? How much am I gonna look to pay for this?

The Next thing I want to do is I want my side tape stripe taken off, how exactly do I go about this? I heard if you blow dry it, it peels right off, but does it leave any marks or does the paint under it look any differnt?

Next, I want to lower the overall hight of the car, what do I need to do this? I heard something about installing steeda springs, how much is this and can I do it myself?

Finally and most important, I heard there is a RPM and MPH limit on the cars chip, where can I go to have that removed, and how much am I looking to drop for that?

Please answer all of these questions. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:49 PM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Multiple Questions

every single one of your questions has been discussed before. Use the search function, and you can find all the answers you want...
Old 09-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

If others can do it and get answers, then I'm going to too. Dont post in the thread if you have nothing helpfull please.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:11 AM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

I am offering something helpful. I am showing you where the answers to your questions are. You want answers--well, do some work yourself.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Its A Stang Thang

Ok, I wanna have dual exhuast, what is all this axle back exhuast stuff exactly? What do I need to buy? I was thinking of getting flowmasters, with that though, do I get rid of the old muflers, and do I need a X or H Pipe installed? How much am I gonna look to pay for this?
You would have to get rid of the old mufflers, you may be able to pawn them off to V6 owners on eBay if you have a GT. X or H pipe won't help you if your only planning on an axle back system (only replaces pipes from rear to axle). I can't tell you too much detail on the GT, since I have the 6.

The Next thing I want to do is I want my side tape stripe taken off, how exactly do I go about this? I heard if you blow dry it, it peels right off, but does it leave any marks or does the paint under it look any differnt?
It hasn't been on long enough for the paint to have faded. You can use something like Goo-off, just scuff up the stripe first. Then there shouldn't be any harm to the paint underneath. Unless someone has a better idea.

Next, I want to lower the overall hight of the car, what do I need to do this? I heard something about installing steeda springs, how much is this and can I do it myself?
This is one of those "If you have to ask..." questions. The Steeda kit will drop it, but you should probably have someone else do it unless you've toyed with that kind of stuff before. Even if I attempted it, I would have to take it somewhere and get it realigned afterwards. Pretty sure it will mess with your caster or camber or both. Not trying to be smart about it, just don't want you to really mess something up (Your suspension is the second worse place to mess up with brakes being #1).

Finally and most important, I heard there is a RPM and MPH limit on the cars chip, where can I go to have that removed, and how much am I looking to drop for that?
I'm sure there is, and am pretty sure you have to re-flash your computer to alter it. Haven't messed with it myself, but there are quite a few messages on the board that cover it. Not as helpful as I would like to be, but it should get you moving in the right direction. Searching the forums really will get you better information, but some people get a little to snide about asking questions. Good luck!

Hoose84
Old 09-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man! I have a 6 also.