Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed my beautiful car (TL;DR at the bottom)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:12 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

a retesting would only create cheating, and knowing things on a test doesnt mean you will follow them on the road, thats just a hassle to society, we should probably be more harsh with our punishments on the road
Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
it is a wonder how some people manage to get their driver's license. I think some re-testing and a decent difficult exam every 5 years would do wonders to improve our traffic. Now this is funny, I've been in a meeting where someone asked a cop if it was legal to turn left from a one-way onto a one-way and she didn't know. In MT(and every state i've lived in), yes, it is legal. She explained she isn't a traffic cop, but you'd expect all cops to know traffic laws.
lmao.

of course its ok as long as your going the proper direction on the one way. some people defy all reason (the person you mentioned).

there are NUMEROUS places where whole sections of down town cities are all one way streets. if you couldn't turn onto another one way street you would never be able to get in or out. id hate to ever be driving with or near her. lol.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I'd just like to add that while I was driving down in Daytona last weekend I saw a guy gunning it in reverse backwords down a lane with actual traffic in it. More often then not it's the other guy who you need to watch out for.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nfordhk
Just because its illegal doesn't give you the right to hit them (friend is GIECO insurance claimer, and he tells me the most ridiculous stories on a day by day basis haha)...glad you owned up knowing you need to pay more attention. Glad you're okay
Who's your friend? Where does he work?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

op, I would get the cervini hood painted now with the stripes, that may be cheaper in the long run. Unless your thinking vinyl, Please follow up with pix, when done. It should look awesome, I too am thinking cervini with lemans stripes.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rocket237
op, I would get the cervini hood painted now with the stripes, that may be cheaper in the long run. Unless your thinking vinyl, Please follow up with pix, when done. It should look awesome, I too am thinking cervini with lemans stripes.
I don't have the cash to paint the stripes on right now. It'll get done eventually though! I'm not a fan of the vinyl stripes either. IMHO, it's better to have it painted on.

Besides, my dad is finishing his 3 car garage up. Already has the lift installed and is working on getting his paint bay finished up. We've already talked about putting stripes on the car. Even though he isn't a Ford guy, he stills wants me to be happy with whatever car I am driving.

Believe me, I am going to have plenty of pictures when I get it back. April 10th can't get here fast enough!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

I thought I would give you guys an update on this.

I received a call yesterday from the collision center telling me I got my hood in. They wanted me to look at it and make sure it was the one I wanted. It looks a lot better than I thought it would have. I can't wait to see what it looks like on the car itself. I didn't get a picture of it, although, I'm sure you guys have seen the hood before.

This is what the car looks like currently looks like:

The new date I'm getting the car back is April 12th. So, a week from now.

In other news:

I hit 163,000 miles on my S10. It's still running strong minus a few minor problems here and there. So glad I kept it.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:10 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Well everyone, I renewed my insurance the other day. Turns out, my insurance went down $60. Not sure why that happened, but i'm not complaining.

Also, I picked my car up from the shop yesterday. I feel like I did when I first bought the car. My only complaint is they didn't level my headlights, so they are pointing towards the ground. I'll go outside in a few and figure out how to level them, since the collision center isn't open until Monday.

And now for the pictures!

I know that they are crappy cell phone pictures, but it's the best I got for right now. Hope you guys like it, I know I do.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:17 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

WOW, like a brand new car. Glad things turned out well and your insurance went down..
Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Looks great with that hood! If I were you though, I would take off those door guards. They kind of spoil the lines.

Quick Reply: Crashed my beautiful car (TL;DR at the bottom)