Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased new 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:39 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Smile Just purchased new 2011

Hi all my first post sorry if not in the right area. My question is we just purchased a new 2011 GT 5.0L black convertible got a great deal. It is loaded except for factory back up camera. Can this be added afterwards the car has the factory stereo with nav. And this my be a stupid question but what is the difference between the gt and the gt/cs ?

Thanks SDF
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

CS is a styling package pretty much - adds a stripe, fake side scoops, different style of wheels, different grill, different front valance, different rear spoiler, couple of interior tweaks.

welcome, and grats. unsure on your camera question - I'd think it could be, but dunno.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Entaille answered the CS question just right! As far as the rear camera, im pretty sure it can be installed and calibrated to work with the stock NAV system. But congrats and welcome! I'm new too! Definitely go to the user control panel and add your car to your garage and stuffs WE WANT TO SEE!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

The camera can be installed, but be aware that it probably won't be all that cheap. You'll have to replace your current spoiler with another (if you do this through Ford, they're going to have you bend over for them) and in that there will be the camera, which then will need to be wired through the car up to the nav unit.

TBH I think you'd be better off looking over your shoulder using your side mirrors vigilantly lol.

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on the new ride hope you're lovin it!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by superdutyfan
Hi all my first post sorry if not in the right area. My question is we just purchased a new 2011 GT 5.0L black convertible got a great deal. It is loaded except for factory back up camera. Can this be added afterwards the car has the factory stereo with nav. And this my be a stupid question but what is the difference between the gt and the gt/cs ?

Thanks SDF
Wow, nice find. I didn't think there were any new 2011's left!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:32 AM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

thanks for all the quick answers. I will post pics after we pic up our car. we are getting a few things added on to it tinted windows, the dealeris lookining into the back up camera but I new someone out here would have had the answer for me thanks again. oh and we paid 33k for this car it had been on the lot all winter they dropped there price from 42k. But in this town we purchased it most poeple drive a truck due to the snow and the right next to the rocky mountians. but for that price i could not say no.

Thanks again SDF
Old 03-14-2012, 03:40 PM
danman0469
2nd Gear Member

You're gonna love this car.. Trust me.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

I have ordered the spolier with the back up camera for 500 bucks from the dealer gets in on friday paint it and install early next week. In the wiring harnes they found a plug in they are hoping its for the camera to plug into or else they will wire direct to the nav system. We are going to tint the windows black black on tuesday. Hope to be driving Wensday.We also ordered the RTR Front Chin Spoiler with Splitter. Deciding on wheels and tires now. any suggestions on the rubber size and make ??

Thanks for all the input.

SDF
Old 03-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

what wheels are you considering? we need to know your wheel size before we can suggest tire size.

personal preference - I would go with a 1-1.5" stagger, such as 9" wide fronts and 10-10.5" wide rears, and put 255-275s in the front with 285s-305s in the rear

I'm installing 20x9, 20x10s with 255 35s / 285 30s on Saturday. Need to keep your overall diameter under consideration - I'm upsizing from 19s so the sidewall has to shrink some.

Quick Reply: Just purchased new 2011