Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Boss 302 at MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 PM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

Default 2013 Boss 302 at MSRP

Hey all,

I'm looking to push the 'go ahead' button on a new Mustang next month. I had almost given up on the possibility of having a Boss 302 but I found a dealer who is willing to order me one and sell it to me at MSRP.

When looking at the crazy markup most dealers slap on this car it seems to scream 'go for it!'. Am I right? Or is there room for pushing the price down below MSRP on this much wanted model?

Just wanted to verify!

Comments?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I don't really see them go above MSRP. maybe things are different in Cali?

hell I saw one dealer struggle to sell theirs at invoice.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 PM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
I don't really see them go above MSRP. maybe things are different in Cali?

hell I saw one dealer struggle to sell theirs at invoice.
It seems that way, yes. They will not honor X-Plan and 2 other dealers told me it would go towards 48k which is obviously insane.

At any rate, I suppose there's some leeway to get a bit below MSRP for this car? I really do WANT a School Bus Yellow Boss!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 PM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

The issues with it are actually discussed here as well for last year's Boss.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s...02-markup.html
Old 03-15-2012, 10:53 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Go to a an actual Boss 302 forum there have been many that went well above MSRP, especially when the first batch hit dealerships. I got mine at sticker after haggling and talking to three different dealers so if you can get one at sticker take it. The first guy I went to about a Boss 302 was at Sunset Ford in St. Louis he wanted 50k, the next was at Roberts Ford in Evansville Illinois and he wanted 48k, I finally found someone that would play ball for 43.5k (with Torsen/Recaro package) at Suntrup Ford in St. Louis, it really was a lot of leg work on my part. As far as wanting color I wanted White but with the limited make and the fact the dealer went at MSRP in August I was more than happy with Race Red/White, and I must admit it's grown on me a bit.

Last edited by REDBOSS1; 03-15-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

The only reason dealerships mark them up is because they can only order so many based on how many mustangs they sell, many smaller dealerships wont ever get one even if someone is willing to pay MSRP for it. It's the thing I don't like about speciality cars... it's only rare/special because the manufacturer made it that way. If they allowed everyone who could buy one to order one it wouldn't be collectible. That's why I view the boss mustang as a collectors item and not worth your money if you aren't going to keep the mileage low on it and leave it stock. otherwise it loses value like any other car and you could have had a faster car for less money with a GT.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:11 AM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
The only reason dealerships mark them up is because they can only order so many based on how many mustangs they sell, many smaller dealerships wont ever get one even if someone is willing to pay MSRP for it. It's the thing I don't like about speciality cars... it's only rare/special because the manufacturer made it that way. If they allowed everyone who could buy one to order one it wouldn't be collectible. That's why I view the boss mustang as a collectors item and not worth your money if you aren't going to keep the mileage low on it and leave it stock. otherwise it loses value like any other car and you could have had a faster car for less money with a GT.
You have a point here for sure. However, the car is still pretty fast (surely fast enough for me) and another thing that I really like is being able to get it in School Bus Yellow which is Boss-only. Combined with the stripes that guarantees having a car that looks pretty different from everyone else's Mustang. Surely worth something to me as well!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

If you want the car and can afford it buy it. Getting it for MSRP might be the best you can do in your area. Shop as many dealers as you can. My buddy bought one and got it slightly under msrp. He bought his out of Texas.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:07 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Id be willing to MSRP it, but not over the sticker.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

There is a dealership close by that has some awesome deals on their Mustangs (about $8k off MSRP for the GT Premiums), but they have the 2 Boss 302's marked up with a dealer premium of an additional $20k... They are trying to sell a $48k Boss for $68k... WTH?!?!?!

Don

Last edited by BigDinTexas; 03-16-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Boss 302 at MSRP