Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A comparison to the Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:26 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
I also agree that it's a bit harsh to say you could never value someone's opinion because they feel that way about automatics. A person can never have any valid opinion about anything because he feels oppositely of you on one subject? And yeah the other guy was right, that's the way you made it sound. Eh, the world takes all kinds...
Not what I meant AT ALL but yes, it was a poor choice of words. I am open to discussions and have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:31 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Not what I meant AT ALL but yes, it was a poor choice of words. I am open to discussions and have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.
No worries fellow night owl. From the back and forth already posted, I had a feeling you didn't mean it to sound that harshly. I was of course responding to your comment, but I was trying not to sound combative myself...
Old 03-19-2012, 02:37 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

My dream Jag...too bad it's $132k LOL
Old 03-19-2012, 02:42 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Ooh, that's a nice one too.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

+1 about the wheels.

One other thing about the Jag that was in its favor was that the operation of the convertible top was very slick, and from the interior with the top up you would never guess it was a convertible roof. The mechanism is completely automated, no hands required. The push to start gig is kinda cool too.

On the manual/auto subject, that wasn't intended to offend anybody, when I got my car I test drove both an auto and a manual, I just much preferred the manual especially with a saleen short throw. Ive also driven both auto and manual porsches and a paddle shifting Ferrari f430. Out of it all I can just say that I love manuals, thats my personal preference, not to disrespect anyone elses. I would have preferred if the jag was a true stick, but thats just my preference because I love manuals. That could change. Then again, maybe not.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Old 03-19-2012, 03:15 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I also heard a rumor that Jaguar was building a var with a jet turbine/ electric powerplant
Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

That looks insane. I definitely wouldn't turn it down if it were given to me. if one of you want to do something nice, my birthday is this Wednesday...
Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 AM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

I love those jags. Kinda the poor mans Aston Martin, if you look at the term poor man loose enough?? As for the manual vs auto debate that has sprung up. I understand that with current technology an auto is faster than a manual but you lose a connection with the car , you dont just get in and mash a pedal you and the car both rely on each other .. Its a relationship,
Old 03-19-2012, 07:13 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

That's cool you got to drive a woman's car. Okay, okay, I've had my fun Seriously, it is very cool you got to drive it.

I'd easily take one of those Jags. Here's how I see it. It's just me and the wife. We have 3 vehicles. My mustang is the go have some fun, look cool and pretend you're on a roller coaster. Her Eddie Bauer Explorer has more class and is a good vehicle for road trips or if we're going out with friends. My 01 explorer sport is the mountain goat. It's reserved for rain, sleet, snow, ice, etc...and when the roads are too scary. That little guy just rips around town. The only time it couldnt get out was when we seriously had 4 feet of snow.

A Jaguar like this would be perfect for turning heads and cruising. I'd probably never drive it hard but the top would be down and letting the sun in. Also perfect for a night on the town. Unfortunately, there's only room in the garage for one car and since I won't park the mustang outside, I'd have to buy a new house to buy this car and I'm not doing that either.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:14 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Stunningly beautiful.

Quick Reply: A comparison to the Mustang