Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust choices...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 PM
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member

Default Exhaust choices...

Alright so I've narrowed it down to 2 choices;
Corsa Extreme axlebacks with eventual ARH Headers and x-pipe.
Or
Borla stingers with the same header set-up as shown above.

So which do you guys think sounds better?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Can't speak on the Borlas, but we love the Corsas. We had Corsa Sport on the 2007, previous to the 2010.

I just finished installing and off road H yesterday, and I must say it is unbelievably loud! I'll try to get a new video today.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

i love the sound of borlas...i would think somebody on youtube has videos of both those setups so you can hear
Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 AM
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
i love the sound of borlas...i would think somebody on youtube has videos of both those setups so you can hear
Lol ya know what's crazy is that I can't find any videos of these set-ups with American Racing Headers.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigsols05blackwidow
Lol ya know what's crazy is that I can't find any videos of these set-ups with American Racing Headers.
It's definitely hard trying to find decent videos with different Corsa setups...seems to be a few floating around with Kooks headers, and then a lot have FRPP cams so its hard to really get a good idea.

I can definitely tell you from most exhaust threads I've seen, those that have dropped the cash on Corsa have NOT regretted it. Hell, I tried to get the system off of the 07 when it was totaled, but couldn't because the adjuster may have taken away for no exhaust system. We just footed the bill a second set when we got the 2010. Well worth the money.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 PM
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Milspec
It's definitely hard trying to find decent videos with different Corsa setups...seems to be a few floating around with Kooks headers, and then a lot have FRPP cams so its hard to really get a good idea.

I can definitely tell you from most exhaust threads I've seen, those that have dropped the cash on Corsa have NOT regretted it. Hell, I tried to get the system off of the 07 when it was totaled, but couldn't because the adjuster may have taken away for no exhaust system. We just footed the bill a second set when we got the 2010. Well worth the money.
True, but I'm open to getting Kooks instead. But from everyone I've talked to, corsa is the way to go. Do you have Corsa Extreme or Sport?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:58 PM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

I put my Corsa Sports on last week with the Corsa X pipe. If you are looking for something that is always loud than this set up is not for you. This set up is loud at start up and then it tones down to almost stock during idling and cruising. When you get on it, it sounds awesome. There is also absolutely no drone on the interstate.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 PM
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jcieutat
I put my Corsa Sports on last week with the Corsa X pipe. If you are looking for something that is always loud than this set up is not for you. This set up is loud at start up and then it tones down to almost stock during idling and cruising. When you get on it, it sounds awesome. There is also absolutely no drone on the interstate.
Yeah thats what a friend of mine told me. I kinda want something thats always loud and has that sort of trumpeting sound.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Dylanjunk
2nd Gear Member

Slp loudmouth!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigsols05blackwidow
True, but I'm open to getting Kooks instead. But from everyone I've talked to, corsa is the way to go. Do you have Corsa Extreme or Sport?
Corsa Extreme. The offroad pipe makes it extremely loud. As long as you use an offroad pipe with longtubes it will always be loud.

Quick Reply: Exhaust choices...