Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Exhaust choices...

Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 PM
  #1  
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
bigsols05blackwidow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 113
Default Exhaust choices...

Alright so I've narrowed it down to 2 choices;
Corsa Extreme axlebacks with eventual ARH Headers and x-pipe.
Or
Borla stingers with the same header set-up as shown above.

So which do you guys think sounds better?
bigsols05blackwidow is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 07:51 AM
  #2  
Milspec
2nd Gear Member
 
Milspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Default

Can't speak on the Borlas, but we love the Corsas. We had Corsa Sport on the 2007, previous to the 2010.

I just finished installing and off road H yesterday, and I must say it is unbelievably loud! I'll try to get a new video today.
Milspec is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 AM
  #3  
shad2009
5th Gear Member
 
shad2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,244
Default

i love the sound of borlas...i would think somebody on youtube has videos of both those setups so you can hear
shad2009 is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 AM
  #4  
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
bigsols05blackwidow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 113
Default

Originally Posted by shad2009 View Post
i love the sound of borlas...i would think somebody on youtube has videos of both those setups so you can hear
Lol ya know what's crazy is that I can't find any videos of these set-ups with American Racing Headers.
bigsols05blackwidow is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:26 AM
  #5  
Milspec
2nd Gear Member
 
Milspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by bigsols05blackwidow View Post
Lol ya know what's crazy is that I can't find any videos of these set-ups with American Racing Headers.
It's definitely hard trying to find decent videos with different Corsa setups...seems to be a few floating around with Kooks headers, and then a lot have FRPP cams so its hard to really get a good idea.

I can definitely tell you from most exhaust threads I've seen, those that have dropped the cash on Corsa have NOT regretted it. Hell, I tried to get the system off of the 07 when it was totaled, but couldn't because the adjuster may have taken away for no exhaust system. We just footed the bill a second set when we got the 2010. Well worth the money.
Milspec is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 PM
  #6  
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
bigsols05blackwidow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 113
Default

Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
It's definitely hard trying to find decent videos with different Corsa setups...seems to be a few floating around with Kooks headers, and then a lot have FRPP cams so its hard to really get a good idea.

I can definitely tell you from most exhaust threads I've seen, those that have dropped the cash on Corsa have NOT regretted it. Hell, I tried to get the system off of the 07 when it was totaled, but couldn't because the adjuster may have taken away for no exhaust system. We just footed the bill a second set when we got the 2010. Well worth the money.
True, but I'm open to getting Kooks instead. But from everyone I've talked to, corsa is the way to go. Do you have Corsa Extreme or Sport?
bigsols05blackwidow is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:58 PM
  #7  
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 243
Default

I put my Corsa Sports on last week with the Corsa X pipe. If you are looking for something that is always loud than this set up is not for you. This set up is loud at start up and then it tones down to almost stock during idling and cruising. When you get on it, it sounds awesome. There is also absolutely no drone on the interstate.
jcieutat is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 PM
  #8  
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
bigsols05blackwidow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 113
Default

Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
I put my Corsa Sports on last week with the Corsa X pipe. If you are looking for something that is always loud than this set up is not for you. This set up is loud at start up and then it tones down to almost stock during idling and cruising. When you get on it, it sounds awesome. There is also absolutely no drone on the interstate.
Yeah thats what a friend of mine told me. I kinda want something thats always loud and has that sort of trumpeting sound.
bigsols05blackwidow is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:14 PM
  #9  
Dylanjunk
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 158
Default

Slp loudmouth!
Dylanjunk is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM
  #10  
Milspec
2nd Gear Member
 
Milspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by bigsols05blackwidow View Post
True, but I'm open to getting Kooks instead. But from everyone I've talked to, corsa is the way to go. Do you have Corsa Extreme or Sport?
Corsa Extreme. The offroad pipe makes it extremely loud. As long as you use an offroad pipe with longtubes it will always be loud.
Milspec is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust choices...


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.