Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT or Corvette (base model)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Lifeexplorer

Originally Posted by H-H-YAH
@ Lifeexplorer
I thought it was between a Mustang and a 328ix sedan?
I guess you sold the SO on an American Muscle Car.
This was her exact words when I propose Mustang:

"Mustang? Really? Get a Corvette!"

:-(
Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Sequence

My choice should matter for I own neither a mustang nor Vette

from what you said you wanted.... buy a mustang

dings/drive hard/DD etc all points to a mustang... if not a mustang then a BMW135i/335i would be my next choice... If buying a Corvette I would only get a ZO6
Old 04-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Lifeexplorer

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Are you looking at new cars of both? Have you actually sat in either of these vehicles? You seem to be all over the board as you mentioned (if I recall correctly) in another thread about a BMW too... All of these vehicles are so dynamically different from another that they really don't compete for the same buyers. What are some of your wants, needs in your vehicle? Will this be a DD or weekend ride? Do you do long distance driving or have a need to in this next vehicle? Will you be carrying a passenger or two ever, often, never?

My BIL has a 2002 Z06. I drove it 2 years ago, so my recollection might be fuzzy, but from what I recall, it was difficult to get in and out with ease. I am not small (5'10", 280lbs), so that definitely doesn't help. The interior was of lower quality than my 2005 GT. Now mind you this was a C5 and it was 8 years old at the time. A newer C6 would likely be different (better) interior wise, but the low seating would be the same and the egress and exit would still be difficult.

Don
Yes, I sat in both. GT's interior quality isn't too bad but the new C6 is impressive. The leather on the seat is a world better than what is on GT. I was shocked as how nice the interior of the Vette looked.

I am not too old or big. So getting in and out isn't an issue yet. I do need to grab the top to help to stand up though.

Like I said, it will be my daily drive. No, I don't need to carry passengers. I have other cars to do long distance driving - I do plan to keep my Accord.

My wants? Reliable, sporty, powerful. :-)
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifeexplorer
What images do the Vette and Porsche project?

You're trying to compensate! HA!

I've been around the Chevy scene all my life until I scooped up my '09 GT. I will say, you'd prob be quite a bit more satisfied with the Vette out of the box vs Mustang. Handles far better, more power, more aggressive look. But then you have to think of the neg: No rear seat, SUPER expensive parts if you want to mod, jealous fools. Really a whole different beast compared to the Mustang.

It really comes down to what you are looking for... Fast, modest, flashy, chics? You really need to define the 'problem' before looking for the solution.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 AM
BrandonsBlueStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifeexplorer
You can comment on the Mustang then. :-)
I bought my mustang used at 100k miles, got a great price on it and have driven it 10k since i got it in July 2011, i replaced the alternator on it 2 weeks ago other than that no problems so far, i daily drive it and find myself going out all the time for no reason, it's a blast to drive
Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

There is nothing that says you can't buy a Corvette and drive the **** out of it. There are plenty of people over on the Vette forums and LS1Tech that DD their Vettes, and/or pull double duty of DD/Track car.

I wouldn't buy a new Base Corvette. I'd rather spend 40k and get an 07-08 Z06. But that's just me .

Either car will be fun.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I have two close friends both with vettes. A 04 z06 and a 06 c6. Interior on the 06 is nice, the 04, very plastic. Mustang or vette, two totally different cars. I could have bought a vette but to me they really are mid life crisis cars and mods are stupid expensive. You want a zo6, do a search on changing the clutch. It's insane what you have to remove. No thanks. Good luck finding your car.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
[Vettes]really are mid life crisis cars
You understand that's what I said.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Lifeexplorer

Originally Posted by JJP SuperStang
You understand that's what I said.

Either one I get, I'd name it "My Midlife Crisis Car". :-)
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Corvette and Mustang...Apples and Oranges!

Quick Reply: Mustang GT or Corvette (base model)