Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what other parts will i need for my 06 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
From what I understand buying Throttle bodies for our cars is a waste of money as they do not add jack. Also don't buy the Diablo Predator especially if you are going with cams, buy something like SCT tuner, you will be able to get more tunes especially written for your setup. Predator is good if you want something quick out of the box, but if you want to keep upgrading your car and getting the most out of it, SCT is the way to go.

So toss that TB out and get you a MAC pro chamber (Or whatever you like) to go with the rest of your exhaust. You wonp't need injectors for what you are running, you really don't need to worry about the fuel system unless you start running FI.

And welcome to the forums!
It doesn't matter If you have SCT or Diablo. Either can make power and tune any combination. I have used both. Both work just fine. It's not the handheld tuned that makes a difference, its the guy who is writing the tune file.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
Another good investment would be an oil catch can. Those things are great and if you have roughly $80 to play with, its the best mod you can buy.
That is dumb. Do not post what you don't know about.

Catch can is for catching excess oil that occurs with FI. Save your money OP.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Hotrod cams, BBK longtubes, offroad H or X pipe, no mufflers, SCT tuner with a good dyno tune, FRPP intake, throttle body spacer, 47lb fuel injectors, aluminum one piece drive shaft, cold air intake or shaker system - or ram air.
47lb injectors? Really?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2006mustanggtowner
so i think my parts list has deffinatley changed a little bit heres were i am at now i think im gunna skip the cams but heres were i am at now
-sct tuner
-longtube headers and mac pro chamber
-what size throttle body would make a diffrence is the bbk 62mm any good
-42 pound injectors( what maf sensor would i need i have a jlt intake that has a maf sensor in it already not sure if its diffrent then stock tho)

young gun did the frpp intake make a diffrence? and i think i am skipping the cam
also what would i be looking at for power
Leave your injectors alone.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
47lb injectors? Really?
Fuel efficiency is no concern of mine, and the giant injectors would be great to eventually supercharge.

At one point I considered 53s lol
Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Fuel efficiency is no concern of mine, and the giant injectors would be great to eventually supercharge.

At one point I considered 53s lol
Most forced induction kits include the proper injectors. No reason to have them unless you are FI.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Most forced induction kits include the proper injectors. No reason to have them unless you are FI.
True, true

Doesn't the full R2300 kit with the GT500 fuel system upgrade come with like 52lb injectors?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

im looking to build my 06 gt a little bit its got cold air and mac cat backs now and suspension work but i wanna get some hp. im looking to buy the following
-predator programmer
-pace setter shorty headers
-the comp cams ***** thumpr cam( i know i need retainers and the phaser limter kit)
- the frpp intake manifold
-thebbk 62mm throttle body

i just dont know what else i need or what else i should get or change about what im thinking about getting will i need fuel injectors with all this or will io be able to program it? im newer to all this and just need some help with parts and everything that goes along with it any help will be much appreciated Thank you all
Shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to answer any questions that you have and can recommend some parts for your purposes.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 PM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

thank you so much everyone i deff just wanna get a set list and do it all at once and its good to know whats worth it and whats not i really appreciate all the help and brandon i will send you a pm
Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

thank you so much everyone i deff just wanna get a set list and do it all at once and its good to know whats worth it and whats not i really appreciate all the help and brandon i will send you a pm
Dude, there is no such thing as a set list haha

Quick Reply: what other parts will i need for my 06 mustang gt