Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best mod I've ever purchased!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Thanks man. Actually, Mojo will be restored as much as I possibly can and be pretty much a strict show car/weekend warrior. I might track him every now and then but I'm going to try to keep it as clean as possible. I have to take care of the ABS system wiring issues I've been having before I track it again.
Oh yeah I forgot about your brake issue. Well good luck with it all.

Just curious though, what do you mean restore? (not trying to derail the topic of the new car or anything)
Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
Oh yeah I forgot about your brake issue. Well good luck with it all.

Just curious though, what do you mean restore? (not trying to derail the topic of the new car or anything)
I'm going to completely revamp everything on/in/under the vehicle, clean, paint, etc. I'm going to really get it back to the quality level I hold it to (which is very high! lol). I'm not going back to stock if that's what you were thinking
Old 05-01-2012, 11:12 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Looking to avoid the rustang nickname eh?

Congrats btw. I really would like to have a newedge. Shame I can't afford what I have already..
Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

What brake issues have u been having. That's a very clean car. U still planning on supercharging and al that
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

In april 2008 i bought my 2003 mustang gt with 75k miles on it for 9700, traded it in january this year for 6000 with 101k miles on it.

I would have expected that car to cost a bit less than 10k. Looks clean though.

Last edited by Andy13186; 05-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
What brake issues have u been having. That's a very clean car. U still planning on supercharging and al that
Somethings screwed up in my ABS wiring system. Haven't had it fully diagnosed just yet but I will be taking it in very soon. At first it seemed to be a faulty ABS sensor in my right rear wheel, they performed a pinpoint test and verified proper circuits were operational but after replacing it it continued to throw a code. They feel that it has something to do with the wiring system. When I know more I'll let everyone know. I will be supercharging/building the engine but not for some time...I want both stangs fully paid off before I go ahead and dish out that kind of dough. Looking forward to doing it though
Old 05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

I assumed you weren't going to "show" a stock car. Lol. Kind of pointless in my opinion. I just didn't know if you were going to try to actually replace everything or go into great detail like one guy did on another forum with his rear axle.

I hold mine on a high level too, even though it is a DD. I get mad when I see chips in the paint, even when I see tar. Hahaha. (She gets a bath every weekend possible)

PS.. Is there a scratch on your rear bumper somewhat near the passenger side exhaust???
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Congrats Josh!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
I assumed you weren't going to "show" a stock car. Lol. Kind of pointless in my opinion. I just didn't know if you were going to try to actually replace everything or go into great detail like one guy did on another forum with his rear axle.

I hold mine on a high level too, even though it is a DD. I get mad when I see chips in the paint, even when I see tar. Hahaha. (She gets a bath every weekend possible)

PS.. Is there a scratch on your rear bumper somewhat near the passenger side exhaust???
I won't replace things unless I can't get them where I want them to be. Don't plan on getting rid of the car...ever so I have a lot of time to work on it

Funny you should say that about the rear bumper. When I bought the car I went to the AM show 1 month later. When getting "parked" in the show field, one of the workers didn't let me know there was a stake behind me (clearly couldn't see it in the mirror) and let me back right into it, chipping my paint. I will be replacing it with a GT500 rear down the road so I'm not too worried about it but it is what it is.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
I won't replace things unless I can't get them where I want them to be. Don't plan on getting rid of the car...ever so I have a lot of time to work on it

Funny you should say that about the rear bumper. When I bought the car I went to the AM show 1 month later. When getting "parked" in the show field, one of the workers didn't let me know there was a stake behind me (clearly couldn't see it in the mirror) and let me back right into it, chipping my paint. I will be replacing it with a GT500 rear down the road so I'm not too worried about it but it is what it is.
I would have been LIVID. I replaced mine a month after I had it.. Lol. I also backed up and hit something. It was a bit bigger than a stake though. An 80s model GMC truck.. (forgot to use my other two mirrors before it was too late) I should have upgraded to the GT500 but I didn't think about it.

It will look awesome once you get it done though. Good luck and congrats on the new car.

Quick Reply: Best mod I've ever purchased!