Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accel Super Coils Advice?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Crap. I just spoke to him and he re sold them to me when I wanted to cancel it. Lol. I suck. He is adamant that it will improve hp torque and mpg.

So here is the next question. Since I have some extra money, and want some performance mods in the way of hp, what do I get?

I don't want boss intake manifold or exhaust. So where can I grab some extra hp from then? Also don't want gears.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:24 PM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66
Crap. I just spoke to him and he re sold them to me when I wanted to cancel it. Lol. I suck. He is adamant that it will improve hp torque and mpg.

So here is the next question. Since I have some extra money, and want some performance mods in the way of hp, what do I get?

I don't want boss intake manifold or exhaust. So where can I grab some extra hp from then? Also don't want gears.
1) Stop sucking! LOL! Cancel the coils! Sorry A.M. just telling it straight!

2) The boss Intake would be nice, but if you don't want to pop for that then don't. You don't drive 5500-7000, but it's nice to have it there when you do hit it, and you will!! You have to tune for it, so now would be a good time.

3) Maybe some suspension parts if you're looking to do that down the road.

If you're looking for some more umph, I would press for the intake myself.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SON OF 68
1) Stop sucking! LOL! Cancel the coils! Sorry A.M. just telling it straight!

2) The boss Intake would be nice, but if you don't want to pop for that then don't. You don't drive 5500-7000, but it's nice to have it there when you do hit it, and you will!! You have to tune for it, so now would be a good time.

3) Maybe some suspension parts if you're looking to do that down the road.

If you're looking for some more umph, I would press for the intake myself.
Problem is that I have read and was told that I will lose noticeable big time power down low. With cai and Bama tune, I was told it would feel slower and less responsive than stock 1-4500 or so before it catches up, then at 5000 , boom goes the dynamite.

I want power all thru the rpms, not just at 5 where I spend the least amount of time. The cash isnt the issue, it's the results I worry about.

What bout aluminum driveshaft? Not sure that makes sense to go from intake and a tune to driveshafts...
Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66
If he is so adamant, have him post the proof on the forum. I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but I have yet to come across a platform where aftermarket CoPs, especially Accel CoPs, made any difference that was positive.

If it's that easy, send me your email I'd love to sell you some stuff.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

That sounds really odd for AM to be pushing ANY aftermarket coils for MPG and power. It's common knowledge in the Mustang 'world' that aftermarket coils are snake oil and don't do much of anything except for break down...

Post the thread in the AM forum see what they say.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Cams or longtubes If you don't want gears and are iffy on the intake, go with one of these.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud

If it's that easy, send me your email I'd love to sell you some stuff.
im not sure if i should be offended by this comment....listen, not everyone can be an expert like you obviously are.

im new with mustangs and when a highly reputable company like AM that buys mustangs just to mod them and test them tells me to add a mod, im going to listen to what they say.

however, i am not stupid. there is enough overwhelming response to this against doing coils, not just here but other mustang forums, so i will cancel them first thing tuesday.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05
Cams or longtubes If you don't want gears and are iffy on the intake, go with one of these.
i WANT the intake but i dont want want to lose the down low response for only up top power. i know i can counter it with gears and exhaust, but then it just gets out of hand for me...i dont need that right now.

im thinking airaid and tune, with shock tower brace and spring brace to start.

also maybe an oil separater.

then i might do some body mods down the road, but there is something very appealing to me to have the sleeper. but im not a racer or anything so its not like im going hunting for camaros at night to run. i guess ill just do these mods and take it slow.

what do you think of the aluminum driveshaft? is that a worthwhile investment at this point?
Old 05-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

It frees up some rotational mass, but it's usually replaced either because of power levels or because you are trying to free up every little bit of hp. It is almost last on my list of things to do to my car(unless I went FI, then it would jump up a bit).
Old 05-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05
It frees up some rotational mass, but it's usually replaced either because of power levels or because you are trying to free up every little bit of hp. It is almost last on my list of things to do to my car(unless I went FI, then it would jump up a bit).
will cams or longtubes void a warranty that you know of?

so youre saying if you did upgraded fuel injectors you would do the drive shaft? or am i reading that wrong?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accel Super Coils Advice?