Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the mustang scene

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Psssssh you could have always just taught her to drive a stick.

Anyway, nice '13 very good looking.
I like the little SS too. My husband had a SS/TC Cobalt before he got his new car.
He loved that car. Lol
Old 06-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
I got my 5 speed so people can't drive it.

04 Mach 1
I know how to drive it, if you like I could choufer you around.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:11 AM
aaron.howard1229

Thanks for all the responses. i was kinda figuring it was the driveshaft. To be honest tho i really dont mind the auto in this. the select a shift is pretty accurate. At this point in time the cobalt is a touch faster than the mustang... but im hoping to change that lol. anyone know of some decent mods to do?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:19 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Is money an issue? If so, CAI and tune from reputable tuner (but that isn't inexpensive either). If not, maybe a shot of NOX.

Don
Old 06-03-2012, 09:32 AM
aaron.howard1229

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Is money an issue? If so, CAI and tune from reputable tuner (but that isn't inexpensive either). If not, maybe a shot of NOX.

Don
moneys not a huge issue. I mean i dont want to spend $1000 just on an intake. Ive read that the hanheld tuners are pretty decent from Americanmuscle.com. Any info on this?

i was thinking an intake, mufflers (car is quiet), a tune of some sort, and lower it.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Lowering requires a lot of parts to do it right. I definitely recommend AM and Bama tunes euthanasia a cai I have heard that the autos do wonders with tunes.

If you got any performance parts for th ss I got a friend that just bought one and is looking for mods
Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 AM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

Well, it's def a question to ask the service guys but sounds more like a loose shock absorber to me. Driveline does not make noise usually.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:52 PM
aaron.howard1229

Originally Posted by BWfVA
Lowering requires a lot of parts to do it right. I definitely recommend AM and Bama tunes euthanasia a cai I have heard that the autos do wonders with tunes.

If you got any performance parts for th ss I got a friend that just bought one and is looking for mods
Besides the springs and shocks what else am I looking at? I personally sold all my parts already, but my buddy has a ton of ****. I'll text him and see what he's got.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BWfVA

Are we putting his car out of its misery? LOL...

Don
Old 06-03-2012, 02:28 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

lol I was using the Kindle we got and it filled it in and I didnt even notice till now. I really cant remeber what I was trying to say cause I was just having my morining coffee at the time.

Let me know He just bought it and is interested in modding the crap out of it. He hasnt been able to out run my 4.0 yet and its killing him. For the life of me I dont know why he cant. Even though its the Supercharged one.

Depending on how far you lower it, Caster camber plates, a panhard bar, plus the shock and spring all that will add up quick. Part arent nearly as cheap for these cars as they are for the SS. I sure there is some other small things I might be missing as well.

You definitly came to the right place, there are a lot of people around here that really knwo there stuff, Some spelling critics to as you can see lol

Quick Reply: New to the mustang scene