Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

adjustable dampening is beneficial if you have dual purpose use for your car - you can run a softer more comfortable set up for daily use and an aggressive setting for track use and aggressive driving. it's relatively easy to adjust, but if you're anything like me .. I am a set it and forget it kind of guy. I have no use / need to spend extra for adjustable dampening. I'd rather just have one overall jack of all trades setup.

I highly doubt you'd make your car 'too low' - but I'll let him answer as to what and what sort of things you could expect from going too low.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:08 PM
This guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
adjustable dampening is beneficial if you have dual purpose use for your car - you can run a softer more comfortable set up for daily use and an aggressive setting for track use and aggressive driving. it's relatively easy to adjust, but if you're anything like me .. I am a set it and forget it kind of guy. I have no use / need to spend extra for adjustable dampening. I'd rather just have one overall jack of all trades setup.

I highly doubt you'd make your car 'too low' - but I'll let him answer as to what and what sort of things you could expect from going too low.
Yeah I feel the same way thanks for the help.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:11 PM
This guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
If I were you I would definitely hold off until you can speak with Sam. He's used so many different setups and can give you insight that not many of us can provide because we don't have nearly as much experience with suspension setups as he does. Not to mention he's a great guy that will go the extra mile to help his customers. I will ONLY buy suspension mods from Sam, even if it costs a little extra because of his service. Do yourself a favor and keep trying until you get to talk to him.

As far as installing it yourself, read through the instructions, see what tools are necessary and decide if you would feel comfortable with the install. If you do, go for it. If you don't, see if you know someone that could help you out with some experience and go from there. Good luck with whatever you decide.
I will definitely call sam tomorrow, and I will look into it but I doubt I'll be able(or at least not confident) to do the work myself
Thanks for the insight BTW
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

If you get the FRPP springs you will save almost enough to pay for the upgrade to Koni Yellows (adjustable).
The Konis are definitely worth the extra money.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

]It's so hard trying to decide what I want to spend money on first, especially when said money flows in so slowly...
Truer words have never been spoken..