Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MM Caster Camber Plate or Steeda Strut Mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:26 PM
07mark
2nd Gear Member

Default MM Caster Camber Plate or Steeda Strut Mount

Well getting the car lowered with Steeda Sports and trying to decide which camber plate to go with. Would like to hear some feedback from current/past users of each plate to decide which one to go with.

Thanks

http://www.americanmuscle.com/maximu...tes-05-07.html

http://www.stangmods.com/Steeda-Heav...07-p/00021.htm
Old 06-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

they are both quality products. I bought the M/M plates and can vouch that the install was painless, the alignment was painless, they did their job and do not produce any nvh.

one thing I will say about the M/M plates is they forget to mention .. you also 'need' a hardware kit from Ford that is just two bolts and two odd nuts that cost about 50 dollars. while doing the install, I didn't feel like that hardware needed to be replaced.. but ford specifys they are one time use so ..

may run into the same thing with the Steeda HD mounts. I'm not sure.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
07mark
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
they are both quality products. I bought the M/M plates and can vouch that the install was painless, the alignment was painless, they did their job and do not produce any nvh.

one thing I will say about the M/M plates is they forget to mention .. you also 'need' a hardware kit from Ford that is just two bolts and two odd nuts that cost about 50 dollars. while doing the install, I didn't feel like that hardware needed to be replaced.. but ford specifys they are one time use so ..

may run into the same thing with the Steeda HD mounts. I'm not sure.
How long have you had them installed? And do you primarily use it DD driving? Just read that these go bad after a few years.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I've only had them for a couple of months - maybe 2000 miles use so far.

DD use. my car will see some track time
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07mark
Well getting the car lowered with Steeda Sports and trying to decide which camber plate to go with. Would like to hear some feedback from current/past users of each plate to decide which one to go with.

Thanks

http://www.americanmuscle.com/maximu...tes-05-07.html

http://www.stangmods.com/Steeda-Heav...07-p/00021.htm
07mark,

Just would like to start of by saying, lowering my Mustang was probably one of the best modifications so far! Post some pictures up after you lower your stang!

Not only do you get a much better stance and handling but you will notice a huge difference in traction!

Now lets touch base on the Caster Camber Plates! They come into play when lowering a car more then 1.5 inches. They are designed to give you the adjustment of your camber and toe that an alignment rack cant! Anything less then 1.5 does not really throw off your camber. You just need to get an alignment in that case!

The Maximum Motorsports plates are a great product. We have had great results from this product! Also we stick by all of our products! So if you do have an issue, contact my Customer Service team and we will get you taken care of!

I hope this helps, feel free to contact me if you need further assistance!

Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan