Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got dynoed today..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 09:15 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

You're probably right moose. Didn't think of it like that.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

I'm headed off to class and then once I get back I'm gonna pull the coil packs and spark plugs and figure out which is bad. If it's a spark plug, I can have it fixed today. Question: Is it fine to mix and match spark plugs as long as they are the same heat range and gap? I have the FRPP replacement spark plugs in right now, but I'm not sure if a local store would have those. I know that they would carry something like Autolite though.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

You didn't notice the car running weak?
Old 06-15-2012, 02:46 PM
JGill1992
2nd Gear Member

it could have been running weak for a wile. maybe when you get this fixed youll really feel a diffrence.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:26 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

wow sucks that you spent all that money on all those nice mods and my stocker puts out more power. HAHA

Seriously though, hope you get it all figured out and fixed soon.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
You didn't notice the car running weak?
I don't get on it much while around campus. way too many cops.
Originally Posted by JGill1992
it could have been running weak for a wile. maybe when you get this fixed youll really feel a diffrence.
we'll see!
Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
wow sucks that you spent all that money on all those nice mods and my stocker puts out more power. HAHA

Seriously though, hope you get it all figured out and fixed soon.
lol, hopefully it will be all good in a few minutes.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Hey good luck man.. Once you get your issues straight what numbers are you hoping to acheive?
Old 06-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

He told me he thought I was missing 75 hp. That would put me at 335 rwhp. If I got that, I would be pleased. I'm expecting 315 on the low end up to 335 or so top end.

An update for you guys: The car is fine today. Power is back, exhaust sounds like it should. I have no idea what happened. I did go ahead and pull the coil packs and look at them, and they look fine. I don't have a socket deep enough to get the plugs, so they will have to wait until next weekend. I'm going to try and re-schedule with Mike for next week.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05
I went to the dyno today. put down an amazing 258 rwhp. lolz. I have a spark plug or a coil pack that's gone bad. After class tomorrow I'm gonna figure out which it is and what cylinder it's one and get it replaced. I've never had one go bad before. I could tell a difference in the exhaust note, but I thought that maybe my midpipe had just come loose and I had a small exhaust leak. Oh well, at least it isn't an expensive fix.

edit: AFR was deathly lean too, around 14. Gonna do some datalogging tomorrow and get it fixed hopefully.

Anyway, it was a huge letdown for me because I've been crazy busy lately and this was the bright spot of my week. Either way, thanks a lot to Mike at Unique Tuning. He's a really nice guy and I enjoyed the experience, even if the results were inconclusive.
Sorry to hear that man, but like others have said, at least you found your issue. Some times fiding the issue is the hard part...LOL

Based on your mods I would say you should be around 330HP (that would be my guess).
Old 06-15-2012, 06:15 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If you have a bad coil, then one or more plugs should look wet.

You should also feel a vibration under load. Mine was probably exaggerated because of the blower, but it was quite obvious from the vibration and exhaust note that something was wrong.

Quick Reply: Got dynoed today..