Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U LUCKY MO FO'S!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 05:46 AM
silverado
1st Gear Member

Default RE: U LUCKY MO FO'S!

19 is young.. Lets see..I had 1970 maverick 210 hp 6 slant, 3 on the tree. Start witha V6, go to college and trade for a V8 at Graduation

[IMG]local://upfiles/21157/DFFD05EC149249C6979AAE01DF32E67E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-23-2005, 09:51 AM
nitrojunkee
1st Gear Member

Im wondering......Do these new breed of college kids work anymore???? I worked a full time , and a part time job all through college. That was 50 hrs a week working, plus 10 to 12 credit hours of school for 5 yrs. And I did it so I could live in my own house, and support my racing habit....70 cuda 440. If you want something bad enough you have to WORK for it !!! Dont be scared of WORKING , it wont kill you !!!......LOL
Old 09-23-2005, 11:29 AM
GotYoNacho
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Mustang GT is not worth it at our age- young college students. I'd absolutely love to have a GT, but the extra $3 - $4 grand is enough to push my education back. Sure we could've gone with a Mazda3, tC, or even a Civic and saved loads of cash. But why do that when we can get a pretty decent engine, awesome styling, and the joy of owning a Mustang?

In any case, when I graduate and move up the corporate ladder, I'm sure mid-range trims wont be an issue. Besides, maybe one or two of us 6 bangers will land a supercharger for $3-$4k and pull out 400horses. That'd be fun.
If you're a young college student, why are you buying a new Mustang anyway? Even if it is a V-6. Buy a beater and save. Get a car when you're out of school. I don't understand, " the extra $3 - $4 grand is enough to push my education back." Why are you spending $20k on a new car then? Spend $5k and get something reliable that will last you through college? Stupid argument.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:30 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nitrojunkee

Im wondering......Do these new breed of college kids work anymore???? I worked a full time , and a part time job all through college. That was 50 hrs a week working, plus 10 to 12 credit hours of school for 5 yrs. And I did it so I could live in my own house, and support my racing habit....70 cuda 440. If you want something bad enough you have to WORK for it !!! Dont be scared of WORKING , it wont kill you !!!......LOL
I'm a full time student, part time employee.

If you're a young college student, why are you buying a new Mustang anyway? Even if it is a V-6. Buy a beater and save. Get a car when you're out of school. I don't understand, " the extra $3 - $4 grand is enough to push my education back." Why are you spending $20k on a new car then? Spend $5k and get something reliable that will last you through college? Stupid argument.
As far as I go, I can budget a $20K car, $25K is pushing it. In March 2006 I will get a pay raise from $12.28/hour to $15.54 or so, then the following year about $17.60/hour, and the following year about $19.80/hour. The true price of owning a Mustang is right within my budget. Now, if I lived alone and on my own, I would've gone with something less extravagent. But that's not the case.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:42 PM
paulstang
3rd Gear Member

yea never settle for less then you want or you will never be satisfied
Old 09-23-2005, 01:46 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

You can't go that fast either, and yes the v6 cost is relativly expensive, but after you put some mods on the car and do a little personal redesigning to the interior, you will not only have an awesome looking ride but you still would of spent less than buying a new V8, by the way you can get V6s for cheaper than 19K, you just have to know how to negotiate, also you can get an older model for fairly cheap now.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:49 PM
jho2theizzo

I drove a 10 year old 5.0 Mustang when I was in college.

I would think you could get a 2004 or older GT for a pretty decent price right now (with the demand of the 05 and 06's so high)
and still have $ left over for gas and insurance.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:49 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulstang

yea never settle for less then you want or you will never be satisfied
Nor should you get yourself neck high in debt for over endulging. This was a good experiment, as far as my first car purchase goes. Maybe by 2015, I'll have whichever Saleen 'stang is out at the time.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:56 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

In reply to nitrojunkee. I do work, 32-40 hrs a week as the credit manager at home depot, and I drive 182 miles round trip to LSU. I could own a V8, but that 25K price tag and an insurence payment of around 1200 every six months along with my semester fee of $3500 for 3 1/2 months not to mention an adverage gas price of $2.75 where I live, its just not worth it. Remember dude, back in your day expensis weren't as high, so if people worked as hard as you did they could pretty much get whatever they wanted. I wish that was the case today, but hey what ya going do?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:11 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jthorn9

In reply to nitrojunkee. I do work, 32-40 hrs a week as the credit manager at home depot, and I drive 182 miles round trip to LSU. I could own a V8, but that 25K price tag and an insurence payment of around 1200 every six months along with my semester fee of $3500 for 3 1/2 months not to mention an adverage gas price of $2.75 where I live, its just not worth it. Remember dude, back in your day expensis weren't as high, so if people worked as hard as you did they could pretty much get whatever they wanted. I wish that was the case today, but hey what ya going do?
Our V6's rock faces anyway. I <3 My 'stang. In fact, I'm going to give it a loving bath today.

Quick Reply: U LUCKY MO FO'S!