Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

Default 2013 Extended warranty

Would anyone know about how long you have to purchase the highest one they offer? They initially offered it to me on the sale date but at the time i was trying not to spend an extra 5,000 that day so i figured i'd think on it.

Also, does x-plan factor into the warranty? Wasn't very clear on that. Any input you can provide is appreciated. I just started to think on all the electronic options the car has and i'd like to have some peace of mind
Old 07-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

You can buy new car extended warranties unitl the main "bumper to bumper" warranty expires. After that, you can buy one as a used car warranty, but they are not nearly as good and won't last as long.

That being said, $5,000.00 is an absolute rip-off. The ones we provide to our clients last 84 months and 120,000 miles from in service date and the cost is about $1,800.00. If you pay more than $2,500.00 or so, your ROI won't be there.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info bud, sorry i should have been more clear. the 5K price was including your full extended warranty, things like paint sealant, tire care, all the extra junk.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

IMO, extended warranties are a scam. Take that money and put it into a CD or some interest bearing account. I'll lay odds you never touch it within the duration of the extended warranty period.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Nyke
1st Gear Member

Extended warrenties are not a scam, you just need to know what you are doing with the car.

I personally went with a 7 year 75k mile for only an extra $650, yet i also know someone. If ONE THING goes wrong mechanically after 3 years... it pays for itself.

Do not worry about the interior/exterior/undercoating crap, it comes from factories like that and is a dealer offered incentive.

The road hazzard will also pay for itself if you have a high performance tires, and it is a one time payment as long as you buy tires from the dealer. I did my research and tires at ford are not expensive. They will usually match competitors i you just show them.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

well i just started wondering like, what happens when one of these steering wheel controls go out, or what happens when one of these subs in the door blow.

Im very very easy going on my equipment, im really enjoying the shaker system but i've yet to get my bass and volume control over half way on either because im so paranoid. I enjoy a really nice sounding system i've always had kicker components and subs in previous vehicles but i want a stock vehicle now. So im wondering 5 years up the road after clicking the "next track" button on that steering wheel how long will it hold up lol.

and also the other things it covers will be a plus but i also see your point of letting the money i spend on the warranty accrue intrest in an account. Just trying to save myself some worry i guess....first new vehicle. Thanks for chiming in fellas
Old 07-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
IMO, extended warranties are a scam. Take that money and put it into a CD or some interest bearing account. I'll lay odds you never touch it within the duration of the extended warranty period.
I agree with that concept, but watch out for penalties for early withdrawals if you do need the money before maturity. It used to be pretty standard, at least where I live, that the penalty for CDs of two or more years maturity was forfeiture of six months interest on the amount withdrawn early. Now banks are charging 12 months, 15 months, or even a $25 fee plus 12 months interest. Shop different banks and the various accounts within the same bank. Or, with interest rates so low now, stick the money under the mattress (j/k--not too safe).
Old 07-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

You really think after your 3/3 is up your going to want to wait another X amount of years to mod your car?
Old 07-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Impact 5.0
You really think after your 3/3 is up your going to want to wait another X amount of years to mod your car?
Not at all, this one is my DD. i was thinking on maybe getting a project
Old 07-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

When we got outs the dealer asked if we wanted the extended and the wife looked at me and I sh*t you not said to the guy "I doubt the 3/3 will last" lol

Quick Reply: 2013 Extended warranty