Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Dealrship are ****

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 09:28 PM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

Default Ford Dealrship are ****

Listen don't get me wrong, I love Ford, just not the service I get, because I am 20 they take me for a teen. They don't give me a rental until I called I raised hell on them, and then every time I need something do on my car, I have to raise hell on them to do it.... I hate Ford Dealership... I went to lot's 4 differrent ones and they all do the same thing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17396/CAD66DD8379E46398B3EF17606197EBF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-23-2005, 11:08 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Dealrship are ****

there all the same, its hard to find one thats good. The one that i bought my car from was horrible for service but had great prices cuz they were selling the dealership and just wanted to get rid of the cars. Had 5000 knocked off the sticker price without haggeling them. So anyway there are new owners at the dealership now and there not too bad, ok for service. I dont think that you can find a dealer that has great service.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:36 AM
legend gt
1st Gear Member

My dealership is the best.Never a problem when asked to do something. I get callbacks after the service from the dealership wanting to know if my experience was a good one or not. I also got a questionaire from Ford asking how my service was there. Not all dealers are bad. They also do thier best to work me in the schedule.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:58 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

I love my dealer! Called them after two others refused to let me test drive due to my age (22).
Went to this dealer 10 miles away and was handed the keys to a GT they just took off the truck, no questions ask.
Sales guy jumped in with me and we went for about a 15 mile drive.
THey have been wonderful. Ordered mine 3 weeks later once I got my loan from the credit union etc.
Heck I stop by to say hi sometimes!

Jack Kain Ford in Versailles KY if anyone wants a great dealer!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:52 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

For the record, when I lived in New Jersey I had to rent a car when I was 19 and the only place that would give me one was kinda shady. Hertz and those places definately wouldn't, they said there was an age restriction on rentals, like 25 or something like that. My coworkers at the office pretty much confirmed there was an age minimum on car rentals.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:00 AM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

i like the ford dealership i went to. i bought my car at carmax and took my car to the ford dealership to get a new door hinge and gear and pinion replaced and it was done in a day.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I took mine in twice for a few small things. The first time it took about 5 minutes. The second time, I left it and went to work. They called me in work and told me that my car was ready. I told them I would be by after work to get it. Probably could have got a rental from them, but my wife was off that day and I wanted to use her car so she followed me up there.

When I bought the car, the salesman made me appointment for a oil change and fluid check. It was about a week before that date, I called them up and asked to cancel that appointment due to that I had only 1,000 miles on since I bought it back in June. They said you dont have to bring it in and would cancel that appointment. I told them that I wanted something checked out and he told me about in 3 days. I said no problem.

They even sent me coupons in the mail for different services.
I don't think I will take it there for every thing. A friend of the family owns a garage and does beautiful body work also. He builds Mustangs also and races them. He is very smart. Plus he wont screw up my rims when I get my tires rotated like the other places have done in the past. You know what I mean, when they change them and get it home and see all the gouges in the rims or stripped lug nuts. Plus he doesnt charge much for labor and gets parts at a better price.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:29 AM
StangMan06

It's difficult to speak for dealerships I've never heard of, but from my own experience I can tell you that mostly when you go into a dealership you just have to let your salesman know that you're serious. A lot of the time you'll have a vehicle like a Mustang, where the managers don't want the salesman letting just anyone off of the street come in and test drive one. You'd be surprised how many people come in with absolutely NO intention of buying, they just want to see what they ride like. Or, you'll get people who come in who are like 17 and only make $1200.00 a month, and you have to explain to them that they can't afford a $30,000.00 car.

As far as the service department is concerned, if you REALLY have a problem, just call up Ford and tell them about all of the problem's you're having, maybe even the Better Business Bureau. Please just keep in mind that the guys in these positions are under a lot of stress a lot of the time... Average work day for these guys is 7:00 am - 6:00 pm, and mostly you've got people bitching at you about problems with their vehicle when you have nothing to do with how the thing was built. Cut them some slack!