Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Chrome fuel door or painted mirror covers?
Chrome fuel door
21.43%
Painted mirror caps
78.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Fuel door or painted mirror covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Default Fuel door or painted mirror covers

It's been a while since I've done anything to my car and I'm getting the urge! My birthday is coming up exactly two weeks from today and I think I'm gonna treat myself to something small. I'm on a budget and, therefore, have set a $200 limit. The two lowest priced items in my mod list is a chrome fuel door and painted mirror caps. Which would you recommend I go with?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/shr-ch...door-2010.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...vers-1012.html
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Definitly mirror for me, not a huge fan of the
Chrome fuel door but that my opinion
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

If I were going to do it, I would do the fuel door. You have a black car, the mirrors already match it.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

What color is your pony? The mirror covers look good on the brighter colors (red, blue, yellow) but get lost on colors such as Sterling Grey and Black. I'd go with them on brightly colored cars, but on a car such as mine (Sterling) I'd go with the fuel door. My two cents, but it's your ride, do what feels right.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

I'd say neither - with $200 hit up some light tints all around, or tint the rears and replace the front/rear corners with smoked clears or something.

Having a dark colored car the mirrors don't seem to jump out to me, and fuel doors.. I dunno I never got those, but that's just personal.

Rock whichever gives you the stiffie the most!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
Definitly mirror for me, not a huge fan of the
Chrome fuel door but that my opinion
I'm gonna wait a week to make my decision. Due to my not so great job salary and the few hours of work I get, if I have to be cheap, then I'll go with the mirror covers.

Originally Posted by xkape
If I were going to do it, I would do the fuel door. You have a black car, the mirrors already match it.
I think the painted mirror covers would still make a difference on the car, but I am leaning more towards the fuel door for that reason. More bang for the buck.

Originally Posted by majik755
What color is your pony? The mirror covers look good on the brighter colors (red, blue, yellow) but get lost on colors such as Sterling Grey and Black. I'd go with them on brightly colored cars, but on a car such as mine (Sterling) I'd go with the fuel door. My two cents, but it's your ride, do what feels right.
The car is black. And I was kinda thinking the same thing. The chrome fuel door would make a bigger difference on a black car, which is why I was leaning more towards that. And also because I haven't seen any 2010+ Mustang with an aftermarket fuel door in person, nor many online on the forum for that matter.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
I'd say neither - with $200 hit up some light tints all around, or tint the rears and replace the front/rear corners with smoked clears or something.

Having a dark colored car the mirrors don't seem to jump out to me, and fuel doors.. I dunno I never got those, but that's just personal.

Rock whichever gives you the stiffie the most!
I'm not really trying to go for a blacked out look, so tinted lights are out of the question for me. Maybe if I had a light colored car I would. Fuel doors give me hard ons, so I guess I have greater chances of doing that haha.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

What abour clear lights? At least those turn sigs..lol only set you back like 30 or 40 bucks too.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Antonio323
It's been a while since I've done anything to my car and I'm getting the urge! My birthday is coming up exactly two weeks from today and I think I'm gonna treat myself to something small. I'm on a budget and, therefore, have set a $200 limit. The two lowest priced items in my mod list is a chrome fuel door and painted mirror caps. Which would you recommend I go with?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/shr-ch...door-2010.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...vers-1012.html

Antonio323,

Happy Birthday ahead of time since I won't get a chance to say it on the actual day! I'm happy to see you're getting ready to hop back into the modification game. We've had great feedback on both the Fuel Door & Mirror Covers. It really depends on the look your going for, I see your steering away from the blacked out scheme so the Fuel Door might be best for you. Chrome Fuel doors are most commonly used on brighter color cars, so I think it'll definitely give you the Unique aspect.

I hope this helps, Let me know if you have any questions.

- Dan
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

-For the fuel door, I'd go with a silver/brushed aluminum, something to match your wheels
-The mirror covers will get lost and not be noticeable
-Tint yo windows if you haven't already
-Even if you aren't going to black out your lights, throw some clear or tinted turn signals on. Cheap and makes a world of a difference on dark colored cars.

Quick Reply: Fuel door or painted mirror covers