Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Tune Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Cardstang
1st Gear Member

Default A Tune Question

I currently have a Steeda CAI and Tune along with the ITSX tuner.

I'll lay out a scenario and hopefully you can follow:

- I purchase some additional mods that require a tune, I'll receive some email tunes to match the new mods. No problem there.

- I get a dyno tune after the installation of all the new mods that I purchased.

- I want to compare the dyno tune to the email tune, so I load up the email tune and send to my car.

What happens to the dyno tune? Is there a way to extract it and save it? Or does my tuner read the dyno tune as the stock tune and save it that way?

Like I mentioned earlier, I have the ITSX tuner so everything is sent via bluetooth to the car from my mobile device. There are ports on the module, and I've hooked it up to my computer, but haven't been able to do anything with it. I think the other handheld tuners behave differently and you can actually move tunes from a computer to the device and vice versa.

Thanks for reading.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM
dylan's5.0
1st Gear Member

well the iTSX can hold up to 10 tunes. Ur best bet would probably be to call up BAMA and talk to them. loading the tunes from email is hella easy. Save the files to desk top and load from desk top. BAM done lol
Old 08-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Cardstang
1st Gear Member

Are dyno tunes loaded directly into the PCM by the shop? If so, how do I retrieve them from the car? Will it be my new "stock" tune if I try to load up an email tune?

From what I understand, the ITSX handles the tunes differently. I never load the tunes on a desktop computer. It goes directly from the email into the application on my iPad. Best I can tell, there is no way to manage the tune files on a desktop computer (I can save them from the email, but I can't move them to or from the tuner). It's very, very easy to use if I only have email tunes. But for tunes that are not the email tunes, I'm not sure how to handle those.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

I had my GT500 dyno tune done and they loaded it into my SCT X3 handheld, then into the cars PCM. So their tune was "saved" in the handheld.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:08 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

The SCT Device Updater App works fine with the iTSX. I used the Windows App to get a backup of my Stock Tune and keep a copy on my PC.

The latest version supports the iTSX and you can download from thier website. You just need a USB cable with the little mini connector.

I was also able to load 3 custom tunes via the PC connection since I was having issues loading them with my iPhone.

It took me a few installs and uninstalls to get the SCT drivers to finally recognize the iTSX. In device manager when the install is complete you should see a Device call JUNGO with 2 drivers install - one called ITSXDEV and one called SCT Driver V10.11

I did find out that DISPLAY DEVICE SETTINGS AND SERIAL NUMBER does NOT work with the iTSX but everything else does.

You cannot copy a tune file off the device .. you can only copy emailed files to your device. Even the Stock Tune that you save from the device is useless ... SCT uses it in case of emergercy.

Good Luck.

Last edited by dmhines; 08-03-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Cardstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
The SCT Device Updater App works fine with the iTSX. I used the Windows App to get a backup of my Stock Tune and keep a copy on my PC.

The latest version supports the iTSX and you can download from thier website. You just need a USB cable with the little mini connector.

I was also able to load 3 custom tunes via the PC connection since I was having issues loading them with my iPhone.

It took me a few installs and uninstalls to get the SCT drivers to finally recognize the iTSX. In device manager when the install is complete you should see a Device call JUNGO with 2 drivers install - one called ITSXDEV and one called SCT Driver V10.11

I did find out that DISPLAY DEVICE SETTINGS AND SERIAL NUMBER does NOT work with the iTSX but everything else does.

You cannot copy a tune file off the device .. you can only copy emailed files to your device. Even the Stock Tune that you save from the device is useless ... SCT uses it in case of emergercy.

Good Luck.
Good info to know.

I am a bit confused by these two statements:

I used the Windows App to get a backup of my Stock Tune and keep a copy on my PC.
You cannot copy a tune file off the device .. you can only copy emailed files to your device.
Does that mean I can only make a backup of the stock tune?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:08 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Correct. If you want a backup copy of your tune the tuner will need to email it to you.