Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

End of an Era (not really) - Sold the Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:17 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Default End of an Era (not really) - Sold the Saleen

Hey all,

Just thought I'd let you all know we sold the Saleen about two weeks ago. Went to a great older guy who lives about 30 minutes away. 67 years old and he's now driving a 550+hp Mustang lol. Man I hope I'm that adventurous at that age. He reminds me of the guy I bought the CTS-V from years back (which I don't have anymore). He was a 68 year old guy who was selling this 400hp Sedan because he had upgraded to the 550hp version lol. I was totally envious.

I learned a lot building this car, and had a heck of a time doing it. This forum and its members were instrumental in allowing me to complete the project.

I plan to return to the Mustang scene at some point, but for now, my focus is paying off student loans and pretty much lowering all my debt obligations. The goal is to pay them off a year from this coming Xmas, and that will have freed up $500 a month, which will (maybe) get applied to a nice used 2013 Boss.

For now, I'll drive my Volt and be one of those tree huggers.

I expect to remain a semi-active member, so apologies to those who were breathing easy thinking I had finally left hehe.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

A 2013 Boss would be awesome! How's the 335i coming along?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warpig12354
A 2013 Boss would be awesome! How's the 335i coming along?
It's good. Short of a single turbo setup, it's running pretty much all it can and we expect it's putting down ~420whp on Meth.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Damn, that turbo will really wake it up.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:07 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

A Volt?!?!
BLASPHEMY!!!!! Did you put your fingers in the inlets?
Who polluted your mind son?

Well at least, you're making an old guy feel young, lol.
We'll miss you...
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
A Volt?!?!
BLASPHEMY!!!!! Did you put your fingers in the inlets?
Who polluted your mind son?

Well at least, you're making an old guy feel young, lol.
We'll miss you...
I've never really been a "loyal" car fanatic. I've owned 4 Chevy's (66 GMC, 04 CTS-V, 68 Camaro, Volt), 1 BMW (97 M3), 1 Ford (Mustang), and 1 Subaru (12' STi). I enjoy what all the manufacturers have to offer.

For the Volt, it came down to how awesome it is to save money, and the fact that it's nice to be driving newer technology. If possible, I'll always have an electric in the garage. And hopefully next to it, some Muscle, whether it's European or Domestic (or perhaps Japanese if they make something more appealing to me).

The way the M3 guys speak about the Boss, tells me it's a good car. They crap on everything usually .
Old 08-07-2012, 11:15 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I expect to remain a semi-active member

glad to hear it siggy, even without a mustang you still have a lot
to offer.

looks like for now, i rule the streets
Old 08-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Just stay out of the fast lane with that hippie ride, we need to get home fast with our V8s
Old 08-08-2012, 01:10 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear the Saleen is gone. Always loved that ride. Glad your priorities are straight. Doesn't surprise me after having gotten to know you while trying to sell you a Boss a while back (my managers were retarded lol). Hopefully you'll be back in a Mustang, a Boss for that matter, in no time!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I've never really been a "loyal" car fanatic. I've owned 4 Chevy's (66 GMC, 04 CTS-V, 68 Camaro, Volt), 1 BMW (97 M3), 1 Ford (Mustang), and 1 Subaru (12' STi). I enjoy what all the manufacturers have to offer.

For the Volt, it came down to how awesome it is to save money, and the fact that it's nice to be driving newer technology. If possible, I'll always have an electric in the garage. And hopefully next to it, some Muscle, whether it's European or Domestic (or perhaps Japanese if they make something more appealing to me).

The way the M3 guys speak about the Boss, tells me it's a good car. They crap on everything usually .
It all make sense.... Can't be stuck on one option/manufacturer, even though the Stang is still the best car for the Buck pretty much.
As a rider, I come across the same fan boyism cr@p from the Harley dudes, lol.
When I got my Guzzi, all I heard was "You should have bought a Harley!" kinda statement...
So I tell the morons that my bike does everything better, actually much better, than their big turd for half the price! I can out brake you, out handle you and oh, lets not talk about power, and all of this while looking good! Those answers kinda bring rain on their Parade, lol.
I also never like the sound of those Harleys, may they be loud or not.
Still, I don't go around and tell those guys "Should have bought a Guzzi"

Anyway, I was looking at a Mini for the wife so I can do a transplant on the Stang and she still have a ride etc...
Well, f*** me dead!! The new look of that car is now so ugly (and bigger) that I wouldn't want to even see ugly bastards driving it!
A low mile used one isn't really an option since they hold their value really good.
She like a Z4 hard top but it's a lot of dough...

Quick Reply: End of an Era (not really) - Sold the Saleen